• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

map crashes for individual players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
i posted about this before but i forgot about it (oop)

title says it all, map crashes for random individual players at random times

pretty vague, but that's just about the only information i've gathered since january of 2010; i'm still baffled as to why this happens

not to mention how hard it is to use the power of scientific method on this map, because (again) it occurs and random and the game lasts about an hour (if you know all the solutions to the puzzles and shit)

i don't even work on this map anymore, but it'd be nice to know its cause. i've attached the map to anyone who is bored enough to inspect this (p.s. it's some stupid rpg-puzzle hybrid map that began at around 2007 with crappy 13 year old humor)

thoughts i have gathered in the past year:

• Check triggers dealing with single players
    there aren't many triggers which deal with individual players to begin with, nor do i suspect they have to do anything with the map crashing (i probably would have fixed this by now if the problem revolved around these triggers)
  • Identify occurrences surrounding crash
    i noted that the map crashing was "random," which pretty accurately describes it; it's hard to associate any of the actions in this game with the map crashing -- you could just be walking around for all i care and it would fatal error your ass
  • Check periodic triggers
    probably irrelevant but i checked it anyway, i don't think these triggers affect anything
  • Check the version that you suspect it started crashing
    i probably couldn't find anything, and i'm not even sure if said version crashes or not (i don't feel like doing long ass tests just to figure this shit out)
  • Crashes tend to occur more with more players
    i am most likely imagining things but i'll put it here anyway
  • Some notes on frequency of crashing
    on a very good day, maybe one person will be fatal error'd (i've played a game with zero crashes); but most of the time at least five people get screwed over

probably some other stuff that i can't think of but whatever

v1.05a = latest version
v1.02a = version that i believe this issue started (i'm probably wrong)

Attachments

• The Quest of Failure II v1.05a.w3x
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
  • The Quest of Failure II v1.02a.w3x
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
Status
Not open for further replies.