• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Map starts loading and crashes at 1/3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure he is running under "High" video settings. Go to (in Warcraft III) Options -> Video, and set the texture quality to high.

Otherwise, he may be running the map on a Mac (it crashed for me 1/3 of the way too. I actually had to restart my computer, lol). In that case, it'll require just a little bit of extra work from your part (otherwise it'll crash anyone who tries to play it on a mac).

At the moment, these are the files that are at fault (the ones that say "No" under "Compatibility"):
attachment.php

I want you to take those files, and reconvert them. You have two options:
  1. Convert them to PNG, and then convert them using this online tool:
    http://wc3borderizer.appspot.com/
    It will always convert with 7 mip-maps, so it'll work fine with macs.
  2. Get BLP Lab.
    Open up each of those icons, go to "File -> Save As". Click the "..." and choose your save location and name. Select BLP1 in the combo box.

You can leave the two other options as they are. Set the field Mipmap Count to 7. That is the important part. Save it, reimport it into your map. Do it for all the files listed as "No" in the screenshot above.

Alternatively, you can select "Paletted" instead of setting the mipmap count to 7, but that'll have different quality results.

So in your case, you would fix:
  • BTNJump.blp
  • DISBTNSpell_Nature_EarthBind.blp
  • DISBTNP_Lightning.blp
  • DISBTNEarthShield.blp
  • BTNP_Lightning.blp
  • BTNEarthShield.blp

Delete the olds ones from your map, reimport it, and hopefully it should be good to go. Before you do this, make sure you have a backup (although, we already have your map on the hive so this isn't super necessary :p), and make sure that your friend has a Mac--otherwise you'll be doing this work for nothing (unless you want to support macs in general, which is always a nice thing).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-22 at 2.24.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-22 at 2.24.36 PM.png
    78.1 KB · Views: 248
Status
Not open for further replies.