• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Crash] Warcraft 3 Crash on loading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So I've been working on a map, after working on some new units in the object editor, the map would crash to desktop during loading with no error. The game would not create any logs on this issue.

So i went and discovered which unit(s) that are causing the issues. the problem is its an issue with a unit that's supposed to act as a gate, that opens and closes by upgrading to the open/closed version, the problem is i have 2 version of this gate a stone version and a wooden version. The stone version of this gate works perfectly fine with the exact same setup and same model but using the upgraded version of the model.

The Game crashes on loading when i have the closed unit upgrade to the open unit. if i remove them from upgrading to each other, the game loads fine.

I dont really know the issue since as i noted above the Stone variation of this same gate works fine, just not the wooden version. any help would be appreciated

Map Attached - Link if needed:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/lkz69ma73aag6gf/Spiders_Assault_Reborn_Alpha_4.w3x

Note: I've ruled out issues with Triggers, and imported models. Also the map was made useing JNGP 2 with UMCS Enabled.

Attachments

• Spiders Assault Reborn Alpha 4.w3x
    3.4 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Warcraft 3 Crash on loading.
... If I had a pound every time someone made this topic I would be richer than the president elect of the United States of America!

The Game crashes on loading when i have the closed unit upgrade to the open unit. if i remove them from upgrading to each other, the game loads fine.
The object data for " Wooden Gate(Closed)" is somehow corrupt. Copy, delete and paste " Wooden Gate(Closed)", assigning it a new id. Update all upgrade references to it as they will otherwise be invalid due to the change in id. It will now work and not crash on load.

I am guessing some hidden value not visible in the object editor is the cause. Fortunately copy and paste seems to purge this value so everything works out.

You might want to try using a morph ability to change between open and closed gates rather than an upgrade. This might animate and mechanically function better.

Level 2
... If I had a pound every time someone made this topic I would be richer than the president elect of the United States of America!

The object data for " Wooden Gate(Closed)" is somehow corrupt. Copy, delete and paste " Wooden Gate(Closed)", assigning it a new id. Update all upgrade references to it as they will otherwise be invalid due to the change in id. It will now work and not crash on load.

I am guessing some hidden value not visible in the object editor is the cause. Fortunately copy and paste seems to purge this value so everything works out.

You might want to try using a morph ability to change between open and closed gates rather than an upgrade. This might animate and mechanically function better.

Interesting, seems to have worked, Thank you for helping me out there.

I'll take a look at using morph instead of upgrades, the map barely has a playable race as of yet and i was trying to at-least get a quick gate system functioning. ill run a few tests with using a morph style and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.