• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Map speed max problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
ummm, i need some help as regards to some options that you can change in the map editor. Recently, i tried changing a units speed to increase past the 522 limit, but it did not work and the units still had capped movement.

I also went into the settings and also chnsaged the max unit speed to 1000 to make sure this was the case, but for some reason, this still doesn't work? Is there any other way to change this? (BTW i set the unit's speed to 800)

Level 8
I believe the max movement speed is 400-ish, and the max movement speed with Windwalk is 522. This is hardcoded and unchangeable. The only alternative that you have is to trigger movement by manually moving a unit a fraction of the distance it's trying to travel every small interval using a trigger. This method is not recommended for inexperienced mappers.

Status
Not open for further replies.