• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Strange Problem With Unit Movement...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I just started working on a new map a few days ago, and everything went fine until on one occasion (after clicking on "test map"), the units in the map all started to have maxed out speed, causing them to walk very fast. This had never happened in previous situations where I tested my map. I checked in the unit editor, but the move speed was still at default. There were no auras that increased their speed. When I moved my cursor to check their speed in the game, it said "Very Fast" in green text... I then thought it might have been a faulty trigger so I disabled all my triggers, but the units in my map still moved "Very Fast"... anyone knows the cause and solution to my problem? Thanks

Level 18
hmm not realy... movement speed (in object editor) is still default?? should be under 300 .. it changes from unit to unit... it will be shown as very fast when its above 300 something like 350 and it turns red with very fast when it reaches 400 cause its maximum if u dont chanced it in gameplay constants...

maybe u make the units new and try it again.. or why are they working?? are u using triggers to order them to move or do u mean when u click on it and sent it to a point u right clicked on it.. then they walk very fast or what??

try to give some more informations some details for example... movement speed is what?!?! why do they walk?? are u using triggers to order them to walk or do u send them manualy to an point on the map...

maybe we will find a solution..

Level 1
Hm, thanks for replying. Perhaps I did not make myself clear enough in my first post, and I apologize for that. Well, you asked whether I had triggers that ordered a unit to move to a certain point, and I do have triggers that do that. But simple triggers like ordering a unit to move to a target point don't change a unit's move-speed, right? And also, I dont think the problem lies with the triggers, as the problem still persisted even after I disabled ALL the triggers. I may be wrong though... Furthermore, I doubt that stating the move-speed of the units will be very helpful as ALL the units in my map are suffering from the problem. They all run "Very Fast" in the game, even though the move speed is at default in the World Editor (For example, a peasant with a speed base of 190 runs at a speed base of 522 in the game, even though I did not change it's move-speed).

Thanks for trying to help though, I really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.