• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Map size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Is there anywhere a list, or a program that shows the size (KB/MB) of the doodads, the terrain and the units?

Or could you tell me a way to smaller the mapsize, what should i remove so that the mapsize will become smaller

My map has atm:
3500 doodads (2800 Trees; 264 Circles of power; 400 walls + some other small doodads)
600 units in beginning (no standard units, self created units 30 different unit types)
255x188 mapsize
a big number of triggers
Different Textures, all used
Different Terrain (Water/mountains/hills)

Could u tell how much % of the mapsize these different things are?

Or what should i remove to smaller the size of the file?

Atm my map has 4.3 MB
With protection 3.5

Level 21
Go to import manager, and look at the bottom/left line. If that's a large number (e.g. 5.000kb), you know that your imports are the reason why your map is large. The number shown there tells you how much kb your imports take before compression. the map itself compresses them after saving so they take up less space, but anyway, if that's a large number, the problem lies within your imports.
Try reducing quality or scale of your textures, and don't import models that take up too much space.

Level 10
Is there anywhere a list, or a program that shows the size (KB/MB) of the doodads, the terrain and the units?

Or could you tell me a way to smaller the mapsize, what should i remove so that the mapsize will become smaller

My map has atm:
3500 doodads (2800 Trees; 264 Circles of power; 400 walls + some other small doodads)
600 units in beginning (no standard units, self created units 30 different unit types)
255x188 mapsize
a big number of triggers
Different Textures, all used
Different Terrain (Water/mountains/hills)

Just so you know, if you ever try to test this map, your com will crash, due to 600 units. All the circles of powers and stuff. I think you crammed this map with WAY Too many things.

Take off un-nessecary imports/objects in the map. The biggest size on a map are the imports.

Your map will never run properly with that amount of things in it.

IMO, you should just export all the object data, and the trigger data if you wish and redo the map. Because you just stuffed it too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.