• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Map size reduction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I have map I've been making on and off for a couple years now, but it's rather large. I've tried cutting down the map size, deleting unused custom units, removing unnecessary models/textures and other such things of the same nature but I've gotten to the point where there's not really anything I else I can do to make the map smaller.

Are there any programs around that will compress the map size to make it playable over LAN/B.net or any special means of making the damn thing smaller?

Level 1
I used it, and it removed 9% of the file size bringing it down to about 4.8 megs. But in the process it removed all the units/triggers/regions from the map in World Editor. I can imagine this is just one of the compressions causing this, so I'll shrug it off for now.

Is there any specific optimization settings I should enter for it to reduce it as much as it can?

Level 17
Optimizer should remove 10-20% of your map size if you do it correctly. And it did NOT remove your units triggers regions from the world editor. You told the Optimizer to protect your map. Read its readme/help/documentation/whatever.
But you can not expect an optimizer program to compress your map since it is ALREADY compressed. Remove the crappy models, music, images and sounds and you are ok.

Level 19
It can delete all World Editor data which makes you cant open map but still able to play
Try avoiding of importing 100000000000000000000000000000000000 custom models in a game with 1 trigger

And war3 map optimizer can reduce the size of a map without imported files by %70
Example: 81.1kb to 21.4kb (yea it did dat)

Status
Not open for further replies.