• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Map Resets to Title on Launch, in Menu has no players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Yeah!

So I'm trying to get my map sorted, but in the main menu when you load the map, the players section is blank. When you launch, the game pauses for a second and then goes back to the title screen.

Anyone know how to fix? :goblin_boom:

Have you recently updated Warcraft version?

Anyway, the famous issue is the map name (in the Maps Folder) has more than 44 characters (afair), it counts folder which the maps located at.

Ex :
Maps/My Map/Special Maps/The Elite Warfare/The Elite Warfare Chapter 1 Part 1 - Against All Odds.w3x

Won't appear, since in total it will over the limitation (includes all subfolder toward the map file), but :

Maps/My Map/Elite Warfare 1-1.w3x
Will appear.

That's how it works afair.

Level 15
That's a common issue if you have been editing your Map using JNGP which is placed inside Warcraft's folder. So yeah, there are some files (I don't know em) which affected some other files (I dont know them either) that caused this.

Now for real, I wouldn't say this if it wasn't my ex-problem if I can say.

The only way, is install Warcraft 3 in another folder and try to load your map there. Or otherwise Move every JNGP file to another folder, it'll work fine I guess. But I recommend the first option.

It's all about external files.

Status
Not open for further replies.