• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Map Protect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The recycle bin. If you delete your map then no one can access or play it and thus it is perfectly safe.

You can stop people modifying the map with World Edit by using a tool such as Vexorian's Optimizer as it removes the GUI trigger files (if set appropriately). This will not stop people modifying the binary files directly since WC3 still needs to read them.

Level 12
What a harsh community hive has unbelievable never changes, honestly this is not that "difficult" to answer

Hi , I Need Map Protect To Lock My Map, What Tool Can I Use For This?

I believe this is what you're looking for

Map Optimizer

How hard was that? Let us be reasonable here it doesn't matter if it's not the "best" software out there but it's close enough to what he/she is looking for.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
What a harsh community hive has unbelievable never changes, honestly this is not that "difficult" to answer
Actually I was being serious since there is no way to protect maps due to the nature of how maps work. I was clearing this up before I went on to answer what he wanted.

You can stop people modifying the map with World Edit by using a tool such as Vexorian's Optimizer as it removes the GUI trigger files (if set appropriately). This will not stop people modifying the binary files directly since WC3 still needs to read them.

So in the end he got the answer.

How hard was that?
Not at all since I already told him to do that many hours before you.

Level 12
Actually I was being serious since there is no way to protect maps due to the nature of how maps work. I was clearing this up before I went on to answer what he wanted.

I understand that but by telling people to delete their maps? Rude

Not at all since I already told him to do that many hours before you.

I didn't tell him anything I showed him where to find it "link", are we playing whos the "better" person here? You have a attitude problem, great and I got a *thank you* from him through p/m.

Level 26
Make the map so technically advanced/complex that you cannot effectively edit it without the (not included) development files.

But really, do people still steal maps in this day and age where we lack players and cannot host without bot? And, no offense, a lot of the new maps especially here on Hive are very alike anyway and contain less original work.

Level 2
Tbh, all programs to protect a map, runied my map a little by little. even with Vexorian's Optimizer 5.0 ive been having some problems like cooldown of items, units were placed somewhere else on map, items had no cooldown and other triggers like bugged :( . since then ive been manualy protecting it with an old school way

Import a blank txt file and change its path to war3map.wtg
This never caused my map to have bugs and its kinda protected protected ( unable to open in world editor )

Level 12
Even with Vexorian's Optimizer 5.0 ive been having some problems like cooldown of items, units were placed somewhere else on map, items had no cooldown and other triggers like bugged

I've been using this program for several years and have not had any problems in what you've just mentioned.making.

Well the main aim of Vexorian's optimizer is not to protect maps but to optimize them. In case it causes bugs for your map, your map either uses some particular features that the tool cannot handle and/or you should adjust the configuration.

Valid point and I couldn't agree more, I would like to add even though it's not designed to "protect" it still has decency of doing so and does a pretty good job of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.