• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map maker searched...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Me and my friend were making a Diablo map on WC3:TFT and today he just suddenly says that he doesn't have time or motivation to continue it anymore... but i wan't to publish this map, so i won't let it to put me too down, so i would wan't someone to help me finish it... since im crap at map making, he kinda left me alone over nothing, if anyone is interested i will have only few requirements.
1.Knowledge of Diablo games.
2.Motivation for making maps
3.Good knowledge of making maps
4.Knows how to make triggers
5.Kind
If you wish to help me, please tell me. Also visit http://diablochronicles.spruz.com/

Level 11
This is the wrong place to put your map.

You will find the right place if you look for more then 20 seconds and click on the first Help place you find.

No one wants to work on a map that has one of its co map makers describe himself as "crap at map making".

People further do not want to work on a map with someone who has no rep and only 5 posts and no signature and no avatar.

If i seem mean, its because i read a post on here and somebody said they liked DOTA. That is enough to put me in a bad mood. But, everyone was a noob once, im sure you will be fine in life.

Level 3
What does the post count, no avatar and no rep mean? So what if i don't have those... the map is fine and i'd love to see it finish, but like i said, im crap at map making, my friend who quit making the map was good... he just said that he doesnt have time or motivation to continue anymore, i worked as an idea man, and made couple of items. I give the full credit to those who know how to make a good map, im still learning, but still it's "my map" i came up with the idea and my friend joined it, so i came up with the main idea. I just need a nice and kind person to continue my idea.

Level 11
Post count is how many times you've posted on the site. less posts probably mean less experience. rep is short for Reputation. If people like what you wrote, or if they found it helpful, they will add a reputation point to you. This is done under "Post Count" to the left of your post. Reputation is reputation, people care more about what people say if they have more reputation.

As for your friend being good, well see if your crap at map making, then good can mean anything to you. It could mean the person can do some basic triggering, it means he can do a lot of triggering, it means he can do a lot of bad triggering but you don't know its bad because your crap at map making anyways, and it can also mean that he can do good triggering too. But its likely that its bad. Good map makers in my experience (of not just myself), come up with map ideas on their own and dont make things on whims or really need an ideas man.

And as far as im concerned, the person who made the map is the person who the map belongs too.

And you should of posted here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/project-recruitment-256/

Level 13
i already saw someone made diablo 3 map in WarCrat,did you guys do that ?
it has a custom race and it looks like diablo,and you cannot move your camera just like in diablo

i saw one very stupid thing,you cant move your camera and it is needed in warcrat,you can finish the game once and you don´t have to play it again,nothing new to see...,its to shot for diablo map and it was to easy

Level 13
I agree that this is really the wrong place to post this, i also agree that as you have only 6 posts here, no one wanna work with you. I also agree that no one wanna have the "leader" of their project is a "crap map maker".

i really dont agree with you on rep tho. I hate people which judge other people on how much +rep they have. It sucks. If people keep causing trouble cus of rep, then it should be entirely removed. I must say its a good feeling to recieve it anyway. But its stupid to say someone is n00b just cus they dont have any +rep.

Level 11
hold on a second, did i say that he was a n00b just because he has no rep? no, i did not. i listed several reasons as to why he is a noob, one of that included rep. I did not say that i base his noobness entirely on his lack of reputation. Rep should play a partial role in how one views other users. Keyword: Partial role. So don't rip apart my statements again and turn it into something it isnt.

Level 13
Well, i also gave comments to the other stuff, and said you was right. But i dont think that rep should even be included in that decesion, no matter how little its included. Rep is just a nice bonus feature to this side if you ask me...

Level 11
I didn't say it was a major thing. If you look i didn't even include it with its own line. But a person with 1000 post and only like 10 rep, well that says something about them in relation to a person with 100 posts and 10 rep. If all rep was was a little bonus thing to make everyone feel good about themselves, it wouldn't be shown next to your posts. No i don't think it matters as much as some rep obsessed peeps do, but it should and does account for how well respected you should be, to an extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.