• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Increased spell damage & move learned skills into spellbook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
It's first time I am asking your help into HiveWorkShop. I am new Member of this Community and I really wish to have your help. All I wish is please, just don't put variables they make my life hard and also make a map for this ask for help so I copy/paste the trigger.. Thank you,-onelove.

I wan't you to help me by sending me a map with the following triggers:
1) I wan't a trigger so if my hero has like addinational (item) +30 Intelligence or +30 Damage each spell he/she haves takes +30 Damage.
2) Okay, what I wan't as 2nd request is that could you please tell me a way to make it so when my hero learns spells they go in my spellbook which has about 10 slots and not my main skills thingy (Main Skills thingy means: Where you also find a unit's Attack-Hold-Patrol etc. of a Hero/Unit).

If you do these two you will recieve my respect, my honor, my Reputation and if theres anything I can do for you lemme know. I will also give you credits into my map, I know thats nothing but I am trying.. Thank you, G. Tountas Irenaeus.

{EDIT}
It's first time I am asking your help into HiveWorkShop. I am new Member of this Community and I really wish to have your help. All I wish is please, just don't put variables and also make a map for this ask for help so I copy/paste the trigger.. Thank you,-onelove.

1) I wan't a trigger so if my hero has like addinational (item) +30 Intelligence or +30 Damage each spell he/she haves takes +30 Damage.
2) Okay, what I wan't as 2nd request is that could you please tell me a way to make it so when my hero learns spells they go in my spellbook which has about 10 slots and not my main skills thingy (Main Skills thingy means: Where you also find a unit's Attack-Hold-Patrol etc. of a Hero/Unit).

If you do these two you will recieve my respect, my honor, my Reputation and if theres anything I can do for you lemme know. I will also give you credits into my map, I know thats nothing but I am trying.. Thank you, G. Tountas Irenaeus.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's first time I am asking your help into HiveWorkShop. I am new Member of this Community and I really wish to have your help. All I wish is please, just don't put variables they make my life hard and also make a map for this ask for help so I copy/paste the trigger.. Thank you,-onelove.

Unit starts an effect of an ability
condition: {put the spells that you want them to have emplefy damage}
action: if ( the spell meant to hit one unit){
make unit damage target unit of ability being cast dealing (hero attribute) in damage.
if (the spell meant to hit more than one unit){
if ( the spell was "name" on level "#") {
set p= location of spell
set ug= unit group in p in range (aritmetical spell radius)
order caster to make dmg (hero attribute in damage) to each unit in UG
remove ug
*** note: there is no way to know how much damage the hero has, for example if the hero had many buffs that each give another % of the original damage , there is just no way to make it, however, if u want ITEMS ONLY and not % , u can make int = 0, if the hero has item +9 attack, make int = int+9 and the final do (hero attribute) + (INT) as damage.
knowing the exact damage of the hero in % is nearly impossible unless u gonna make super complecated buff folower, which make lots of bugs and not recommanded.

each and any spell is dummy passive spell that make no effect at all, whenver each learned u do it mannually with adding it into the spell book, but be warned that tranformation remove spell book , and cant fix that.
done

Level 5
Man , thank you but I made request so you could make a trigger which I can simply copy/paste, could you? Thanks!!!!!!!!!! Gimme the map for Rep sir. - IDK if Sir sounds like troll I don't mean it this way.

And also I wan't all spells to have damage addinational if theres int or dmg from item not only one-two.

{EDIT}
for the first one do you mean that the damage is the same as the casting units mana

for the second one you could make the spell book a hero ability so when he learns it it gaines another ability
that what you want?

For the first one what I wan't is, lemme give you an example. Let's say theres an Item which gives:
10 Intelligence
10 Agility
10 Damage
10 Strength

All the spells that Hero has will earn +20 Damage (Cuz Damage gives it 10 DMG and Intelligence too, well agility and strength doesn't does anything to the spells)

Making the Spellbook a Hero Ability? Intersting idea, but if we do it, won't the Hero learn all the Abilities that are in Spellbook? What I wan't is to make the Spellbook like when my Hero learns an ability to add it on Spellbook and then start leveling up their Abilities because I have alot of abilities that my Hero in my Map's Editing has as results and the limit of abilities are 7, if more they can't be seen xept if I remove movement ability or attack.

1. i think this would be possible for triggering ill check now
EDIT:
  • Damage attack
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) "You Ability"
    • Actions
      • Set ABI_TRGT = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set ABI_Damage_INT = ((Real((Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))) - (Real((Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Exclude bonuses)))))
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage ABI_TRGT, dealing ABI_Damage_INT damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
not sure how to include the bonus damage might have to use a damage detection system
the variables are Unit and real
ABI_TRGT this sets the target of the ability
ABI_Damage_INT takes all of heroes int including bonuses and removes the heroes based int giving just the bonus

2. if i am correct about the spell book you can choose the level at what abilities are learnt not sure though not had a good play around with it yet
EDIT 2: yes you can have the spell book adding spells as your hero levels it if you want to level the abilities that are already there that will require triggering i think or you can just replace with a higher level abilitys - takes more space i belive

Level 9
For the 2nd problem. Just copy spellbook skill and change item skill to false. Then choose spells that you want to have in. That MUST be unit spells which goes this way:

Level 1 got all stats 0 and tooltip "Level 0"
Level 2 got stats for level 1 and tooltip "Level 1"
and so on.

Then make as many reserches(upgrades) as you got spells.

Set their effect as upgradeing skill (choosen skills are your spells of course)

Make hero fake skills.

When hero learn/upgrade Your_Skill (Fake) do this action:

Player - Set curent research level of (Your_Skill_Research) to (Curent level + 1)

Its done.

And by the way. You should spell want not wan't.

Man , thank you but I made request so you could make a trigger which I can simply copy/paste, could you? Thanks!!!!!!!!!! Gimme the map for Rep sir. - IDK if Sir sounds like troll I don't mean it this way.

And also I wan't all spells to have damage addinational if theres int or dmg from item not only one-two.
Those triggers can't be made since they need to fit perfectly for the map items and abilities, making something like this is impossible without knowing the map best like you the map maker, u ask the impossible
:vw_wtf:

Level 29
1) Take note that any spell event is instant for the casting unit, so the Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage is also instant so what if the spell has a delay, like a projectile?, so the damage is done but the missile hasnt reach the target yet?...
To fix this, you need a damage detection like This just to filter the delay...
But not all spell is a damage spell, that's the problem...

2) If you remove the ability from the hero when he learns a skill, the level learning process will be removed as well, so there's nothing more to learn after that...

Level 5
a bunch of LoL players joining war3 custom gaming and want to make their own version of LoL on war3...i've seen this sort of thread before...

I don't play LoL if thats what you mean and I am not gonna make a LoL (I heard it looks Dota style which I don't like alot) based to it also.

{EDIT 1}
Well... So theres not a Trigger that can include (All The Items) & (All The Spells) cuz I am talking about all the spells and items which gives int+ to make all spells that a hero/unit has to take this int as dmg+.

{EDIT 2}
1) Take note that any spell event is instant for the casting unit, so the Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage is also instant so what if the spell has a delay, like a projectile?, so the damage is done but the missile hasnt reach the target yet?...
To fix this, you need a damage detection like This just to filter the delay...
But not all spell is a damage spell, that's the problem...

2) If you remove the ability from the hero when he learns a skill, the level learning process will be removed as well, so there's nothing more to learn after that...
1) I see.. So you can simple make only one Spell , make like Carrion Swarm into a map so I can simply edit it and add more spells.. If you can't make a Map then idk..

2) How can I do it?

{EDIT 3}
I see.. Then can you make only one spell which earns DMG by Int & Hero Dmg ? So I will edit it.

{EDIT 4}
All my posts got merged, what is going on?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Merging the threads we my bad, I thought they were all for the same problem. In the future, please do not create more than a single thread concerning the same subject and do not double-post; use the
edit.gif
button at the bottom right of your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.