• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Loading Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Greetings.
ive been trying but cant seem to get it working. I need a map loading screen for a war map im working on. Can anybody help me? i would like to change these images into loading screens

Attachments

• t90.jpg
    t90.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 250
  • navyfield.jpg
    navyfield.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 84
  • gwp_hawx_5_7.jpg
    gwp_hawx_5_7.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 78
  • AceCombat6F-14.jpg
    AceCombat6F-14.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
creating a loading screen is easy. i always do it that way: make a flat unit with the *Flat tool* in Milkshape, create 1 Material 4 it and save it. than i make with Photoshop the loading screen picture i want. when the *painting* is done, i resize it 2 512x512 pixels, save it as a .tga, open it with BLP LAB and convert it 2 .blp than i IMPORT to Magos Model Editor the (first made) flat unit (named Loading Screen.mdx, ofc u can give it any name u want), go 2 the Texture Manager and import there the picture made in Photoshop. Than i go 2 material manager, open the (in this case) only existing material and select the <name of the picture> as a texture (NOT as an animated texture, the place 2 select ur pic is something like a menu @ the right upper side in the material thing). @i@ (all in all) u make a unit that's shape is just a flat square and that uses the loading screen picture as its skin. once u import this unit and its skin in WC3 editor, go 2 the loading screen menu, (in the taskbar go 2 Scenario --> Map-Loading-Screen) there check the *option* Use imported file, and than select ur Loading Screen model. and.....VOILA. that's my way of making custon loading screens.....Good Luck with your m8 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.