• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Map lag... it fails. help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
My current project map has a lot of problems that i cannot seem to fix. the main one being lag during play. Its seems to grow exponentialy and it gets very annoying.

If it helps, i have like 5 ot 6 custom models, like 20 or 30 custom icons, and lots of triggers(most dont work, but I can fix those later) and the map is optimized with Vexorian's Map Optimizer

Thanks lots :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 4
Level 28
Another problem you seem to have, is that you want to torture other people's eyes by using flashy colors, different fonts and other codes.

The normal hive-color is good enough, if you want to say something explicitly make it bold instead of giving it another color! (and no: don't use this in every friggin' sentence, using it for small headers is good enough, I hate overused BB-codes, it just fucks up the text).

If you want people to be able to read your text without wearing eclipse-glasses (you know, those glasses you wear when you want to look straight towards the sun, often used when there's an eclipse), don't use those color codes.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
100% sure the lag is caused by leaks. Learn to trigger better by looking at the links posted above. A perfect map should have no running leaks at all and all used non constant handles should be recycled.

ap0calypse please stay on topic. Your post did not address his problem at all and olny covered his format of his question.

Level 28
ap0calypse please stay on topic. Your post did not address his problem at all and olny covered his format of his question.

That is because the question has already been answered (twice now, because you actually just repeated kongfuman in a more formal way, which a newb wouldn't understand immediately).

And there are some people who think color codes are a "useful way to make a text more clear", which is wrong, I am just pointing that out.

Level 28
Its called a second opinion. Many people may not believe or trust advice submitted, especially when it comes to leaks and the like. Thus I was clearly posting to confirm that it is caused by leaks so there is no room for argument.

Well, in my opinion one is not allowed to argue, until the given solution does not work.

Meaning that if someone has an idea (in this case about the leaks), he has to check that solution first, if it did not work, then he can argue further about any other things that create lag.

In that case, it would've been good that you pointed out other (unnoticed?) leaks.

Of course, not everyone is like this... I know that >.> (unfortunately).

Status
Not open for further replies.