• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Ideas: Teamwork Heroes & Death Race TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've been aloof for a little while, but I was wondering, I've thought of two map ideas.
The first, and only one I expect to do well, is kinda like a Defense/RPG with a Werewolf/Dark Deeds element, basically, you've got a group of heroes in a town, which has shops and side quests an' stuff, and every now and then waves of monsters attack the town, with enough interesting stuff to make good RPG stuff, but anyways, the cool thing is, one of the heroes is randomely selected to have much more powerful abilities, but considerably weaker stats, so the heroes have to protect the unique hero so he can unleash his fearsome abilities one their foes, which, of course toword the beginning of the game would beat the stuffing out of them, but later would be required to stay alive...
The second is purely speculative, but basically, instead of players working to keep creeps from a point of power, the players work on their own, in given areas, with creeps just cycling the map, and the players race to kill the most. Not having played TDs much, it's probably a stupid idea, but I was just wondering.

Level 2
LOVE the first idea (Maby i should steal it from you :twisted: ) no but i would love to help you(PM me if intrested), though im not sure about the abiliti thingy but that might be fun too.

The second idea is a bit strange but im in for it too

Level 6
if you are interested, i would do soem, if not all, of the triggering for you - just PM me or (as i would prefer) use ICQ.

your idea sounds quite fun, and i have a few ideas of my own, that might fit into that map...

just contact me so we can talk about it

PS: i do not want my ideas beeing used in a map i do not participate creating - therefore i will only tell em, if i am shure i participate at creating that map. (or the author won't use em if i do not want him to)

Level 3
Both ideas are at a mostly conceptual stage right now, though I've started on the heroes and have an outline on how they'd work
What I primarily need right now is to know what someone can do, as a post or PM, I'm poor at unit balancing, and inexperienced in TDs in general, this is where I'd need help, also I can use help terraining or creating critter waves and such.
Not to say I'm poor or anything, just that this is where I'd need, or can use, help.
Also, as a side note, does anyone know how I can get "Aeon of Strife"? For debating purpoeses I'd like to know what the category was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.