• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Alliance vs Horde

QWERTY hotkeys?

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whatever

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Allright, i am entirely new in here and this is even my first thread. Don't hope for miracles.
This isn't my first map, but is gonna be the last! I've been editing, assisting and balancing some other.. three maps (i think), made one myself, for RoC tho, 'cuz an ex girlfriend of mine deleted the FT version of it accidentally (was it?) and now this one is FT map and then i am done.
It won't be a simple map, but won't be a big deal either. Decent stuff.
I guess lots of you have played Dota and some other maps like it, but i don't remember any of these maps to have been 6v6. This map has a proper 6v6, due finally patching it to 1.29.2 .
Three sides are in here - up, middle, down: 2v2, 2v2, 2v2 in each.
There are going to be total of 24 heroes. So, even if you play as full house, you can still play a second round and everyone can pick a different hero! Max. Hero Level - 55. Ability level scheme: first three abilities got 15 levels each. 'Ultimate' has 7, an additional ability that have 2 lvls, and you get last (sixth) ability at lvl 55.
There will be strong boss for each team to beat. One of my objectives, is for the PvP to feel good, balanced. That's a very important thing - the balance, a lot of maps don't have it. Hell, not even WoW really has it. Speaking of which, the heroes will be half Wc3-like, half WoW-like.

um7vsdk.jpg
Q17ktRs.jpg

Please, ask questions about the map, give tips about how to improve the thread itself, so we can get to proper discussions about it all!
Ideas and suggestions are welcome, ask if the map has this or that, i just can't think of everything.
Project however, is in coma for now.

Progress made - June 10\2018
Terrain and Doodads - 100%
Regions and Triggers - 99%
Neutral elites and bosses - First bosses exist.
Heroes and Spells - 79%
Balancing - 80%
items - 9%
Able to locate the host of the game (probably)
Able to remove f*cked up players
Custom'd stuff? - affirmative
Loading screen - somewhat sexy

Vote-kick system implemented - 50% (simply not necessary at this point)

Current issues:
Axe Slam has sound, but no effect animation. There is no help fo' this.

Attachments

• (12)AllianceVsHordeUnProtected.w3x
    2.8 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Level 6
Beta is Uploaded now. Маp progress however, reached its unfortunate end. It is gonna be stored, and I am saying it now and here - progression can/could possibly happen only if i get help.
Life knocks on the door, sorry.

Level 6
Маp progress reached its unfortunate end. It is gonna be stored, and I am saying it now and here - progression can/could possibly happen only if i get help.
Life knocks on the door, sorry.
Update:
I managed to patch it up 1.29.2 , so there is total of 14p. now. Uploaded version is unprotected, because for now, there is no optimizer/protector for 1.29 maps, that i know of.
So if any of you, ever decide to edit, change or add something on the map, NOTIFY me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.