• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map ideas (and lack of them) >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey everyone,
Ive decided to change this post to something that is a little more helpful.
My map that i am currently working on is lacking ideas for storyline,classes,races and general ideas that could be to do with leveling up, a combat or physics system and the like. Currently the terrain on the map is about 80% complete and not much else >_<
The basic idea is that there is a major event going to happen (a final boss fight - the boss is threatening the balance of the world or something) and you have to become stronger to be able to fight him (doing quests and leveling up) - you will travel across the world (the map) becoming stronger and completing dungeons to gain EXP and Armor/weapons eventually leading up to the final boss fight. Now you start off in a town and after completing quests and leveling up to or past a certain level you will pass on to another area (each area has its own dungeon and different creeps to kill, also different quests and items to collect and complete) and so on. There will be little to no powerleveling (i hate it!) but higher levels can still help out lower levels just the lower levels will get alot less experience for having a higher level help them.

Currently this is just me and a friend working on the map so i need people who can help out with this project, all help is appreciated whether it be spell-ers/ideas/terrainers/modelers/skinners and triggerers (Specifically jass or advanced GUI) so Let me know if you can help!

People on the team:
Me(Vortex/randomface):Terrainer / Gui'er
Shiro: Spells/ideas

screen2.jpg
screen4.jpg
screen3.jpg
screen1.jpg

BTW. + rep will be awarded for good ideas.

Thank you

Last edited:
Level 2
thanks for the advice, its something i completely forgot about ^^
i doubt arrow key movement will be used, its possible but i prefer mouse-click movement over it, depends on what people want

Level 2
No one has any ideas on any unique things in rpg's you havent seen so far?
I'm thinking that i'm going to have a selection like this:
Choose Race > Choose Class
An example of one of my races (no name, i'm terrible at names) is all about morphing into animals, for example you choose the morphing race (no name) and then you choose a class, each class will have 3 spells and 1 morph spell which will morph the character into an animal, cat/bear/wolf/bird or w/e depending on the class you chose, this race will be hunters and trappers, mostly dps and tank here.
The hero selection will be a close up camera of the hero (each class will show an animation and a description about it, that goes along with choosing the race but instead of a close up of the hero, just something that relates to the specific race)

Tell me what you think, constructive criticism is always welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.