• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Icon Art for AtD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
My friend Matt has decided he will do the map icon art for AtD! I have asked him to make a Death Knight face to face with a Frozen Elf Archer, with a snowing background that has a gradient fade which gets darker as it nears the Death Knight. This is the progress he has made so far:

deathknight.jpg

Note: The curvy gray lines are a watermark over the picture, not part of it. It says Matt Demino if you were wondering.

-NiTe

Level 18
what model do you use for frozen archer? i can make this if you want, it would be a skin/cnp...

I use Sylvanas Windrunner's model. It would be nice to have one that looks more "frozen" though, but I would still want her to look pure and good, like a good elf should!

And also... could you possibly ever finish Elemental Prison? lol. I really need it!

Level 18
may i start like this?

OOooh I see what you meant. Umm I'm not sure if I'd want to have that as the Map Icon. The one my friend is working on that i posted a link to is a lot higher quality, you know? Like using skins would be a poor quality map icon. But you can still attempt and see what you come out with. and TAUREN PLEASE, answer this question: are you going to be able to finish Elemental Prison? The spell that you started like a month ago and said it would only take you 2 days?

Level 18
that artwork is totally sweet, wish you guys luck with it.

Thankyou Werewulf, I'll let him know people like it!

well, you aren't signed in currently although you're on net, or you've chosen "apear offline"

It should be fine now. I have a new computer and didn't have a chance to install windows messenger. But I just did, so try whenever now!

Level 18
As upsetting as it is, it seems that this icon will not be finished- the artist's computer crashed and the work was lost. Could anyone else be of any help to make a map icon for AtD?

*Edit- I may, in fact, be wrong. He says that it is possible to recover the file... but he is not sure yet. If so, AtD will be complete. If not, I will still be in need of an icon. And to those of you who say it is not necessary, it is! It is a huge part of keeping people interested while they are waiting for others to DL, and to also give them a glimpse into what the game will be.

Last edited:
Level 8
... have asked him to make a Death Knight face to face with a Frozen Elf Archer, with a snowing background that has a gradient fade which gets darker as it nears the Death Knight.

If you want anything to be changed, I can do it, if you want to add a title, just say it, good luck with your project. I do not worry if you deny it.
(Those little missels aren't seeable in the original map preview size.)

Chaos

Attachments

• AtD.jpg
    AtD.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 228
  • AtD2.jpg
    AtD2.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.