• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map fix need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Here you go.
You should always base custom bridges on existing standard bridges, in the destructible section.
As for the alignement of bridges with terrain tiles, I created custom paths for the bridges, it should look like what you were expecting.
Now, about terraining, you do the job! :cwink:

Attachments

• RPG.w3x
    264.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Level 6
the pathing coz I used pathing NONE but it still has spacing in it.

EDIT: The walls dont look like they're connected
PS: I uploaded the recent map just now

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    432.8 KB · Views: 62
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    567.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Level 11
This is all due to the wall models themselves.
Try to play around with sizes and orientations. Also, if these walls aren't meant to be destroyed (I assume they aren't, since they have no death animation anyway), you might want to base them on regular doodads instead of destructibles, and remove their pathing, so you can place them more easily.

Level 11
You barely got started on your project, and are already asking for people do to all the work for you. My advice would be to start to do as much as you can, and when (if) you get stuck with something, surely there will be someone willing to help you out. :csmile:
If your project is really big and requires several people to collaborate, in addition to showing advancement, you should give more details about your project and your needs. People won't be interested in your project unless you are very specific about it and what will be required from helpers (tell us about the scenario, type of gameplay, the atmosphere you want to render...)

Level 6
You barely got started on your project, and are already asking for people do to all the work for you. My advice would be to start to do as much as you can, and when (if) you get stuck with something, surely there will be someone willing to help you out. :csmile:
If your project is really big and requires several people to collaborate, in addition to showing advancement, you should give more details about your project and your needs. People won't be interested in your project unless you are very specific about it and what will be required from helpers (tell us about the scenario, type of gameplay, the atmosphere you want to render...)
yep your right, but I need help from terrainers to teach me some stuffs

EDIT: Can you check my map if it looks alright? pls...

Level 11
There are plenty of great tutorials here that teach useful beginner and advanced tricks in terraining, such as this one, this one, this one or this one (amongst others). You'll find even more tutorials off-site, but I don't know them much. Take your time, read tutorials, experiment things in WE. And don't start too big if you're not familiar enough with all basic WE functionalities. :csmile:

I had a quick look at your map. For some reason, custom models couldn't be loaded (they all appear with 0 kb filesize in import manager, except the two custom paths I made for you). Did you change anything with them since last time?
Anyway, there's not much to say, since your map is in a very early stage of development. Apart from the custom models issue, there's nothing wrong, but as I said, it's too soon. Keep doing some work on it :csmile:

Level 18
the pathing coz I used pathing NONE but it still has spacing in it.

EDIT: The walls dont look like they're connected

To make angled doodads like that align, there are some techniques you can use:

- Double-click the doodad you want it to align with, copy it's rotation, and paste it onto the other doodad. Then use the / or * on your Num Pad to rotate it and align it.
- Simply click the doodad, hold down CTRL and left-click anywhere on the map, move the cursor around to make the doodad rotate with the cursor. (Like a pro).

For the first point, if you don't have a Num Pad, go to file > configure control, scroll down the
Terrain Editor tab until you find "Selection - Rotate Left" and "Selection - Rotate Right", then map
these to whatever keys you feel comfortable with.

Also, be careful with the terrain brush around areas where you want several doodads to alight, for some
wonky reason if you have too steep terrain underneath a doodad, it will sort of auto-lock into various
rotations, and completely resent certain rotations. It will never align properly in this situation, and the
only way to fix it is to flatten or smooth the terrain under the doodad.

Status
Not open for further replies.