1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Map fix need help

Discussion in 'Requests' started by ShadowBladeX, Feb 14, 2018.

1. ShadowBladeX

ShadowBladeX

Resources:
    Resources:
  2. Sieben

Sieben

Resources:
    Resources:
    Here you go.
    You should always base custom bridges on existing standard bridges, in the destructible section.
    As for the alignement of bridges with terrain tiles, I created custom paths for the bridges, it should look like what you were expecting.
    Now, about terraining, you do the job! :cwink:

Attached Files:

• RPG.w3x
      File size:
      264.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  3. ShadowBladeX

ShadowBladeX

Resources:
    Resources:
    I Updated the map in my link, can you fix the walls coz I used the pathing blocker to prevent the players from walking through walls

4. Sieben

Sieben

Resources:
    Resources:
    I didn't get what your needs are here. What do you mean, fix the walls? You might want to have a look at this tutorial, perhaps?

5. ShadowBladeX

ShadowBladeX

Resources:
    Resources:
    the pathing coz I used pathing NONE but it still has spacing in it.

EDIT: The walls dont look like they're connected
    PS: I uploaded the recent map just now

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  6. Sieben

Sieben

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is all due to the wall models themselves.
    Try to play around with sizes and orientations. Also, if these walls aren't meant to be destroyed (I assume they aren't, since they have no death animation anyway), you might want to base them on regular doodads instead of destructibles, and remove their pathing, so you can place them more easily.

7. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Might want to take a look at the hive editor which is advertised on the front page right now.
    It has direct path editing.

8. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Might want to take a look at the hive editor which is advertised on the front page right now.
    It has direct path editing.

9. ShadowBladeX

ShadowBladeX

Resources:
    Resources:
    Any terrainers here that wants to help me on my map???

10. Sieben

Sieben

Resources:
    Resources:
    You barely got started on your project, and are already asking for people do to all the work for you. My advice would be to start to do as much as you can, and when (if) you get stuck with something, surely there will be someone willing to help you out. :csmile:
    If your project is really big and requires several people to collaborate, in addition to showing advancement, you should give more details about your project and your needs. People won't be interested in your project unless you are very specific about it and what will be required from helpers (tell us about the scenario, type of gameplay, the atmosphere you want to render...)

11. ShadowBladeX

ShadowBladeX

Resources:
    Resources:
    yep your right, but I need help from terrainers to teach me some stuffs

EDIT: Can you check my map if it looks alright? pls...

12. Sieben

Sieben

Resources:
    Resources:
    There are plenty of great tutorials here that teach useful beginner and advanced tricks in terraining, such as this one, this one, this one or this one (amongst others). You'll find even more tutorials off-site, but I don't know them much. Take your time, read tutorials, experiment things in WE. And don't start too big if you're not familiar enough with all basic WE functionalities. :csmile:

I had a quick look at your map. For some reason, custom models couldn't be loaded (they all appear with 0 kb filesize in import manager, except the two custom paths I made for you). Did you change anything with them since last time?
    Anyway, there's not much to say, since your map is in a very early stage of development. Apart from the custom models issue, there's nothing wrong, but as I said, it's too soon. Keep doing some work on it :csmile:

13. ShadowBladeX

ShadowBladeX

Resources:
    Resources:
    is this ok

Attached Files:

14. GhostHunter123

GhostHunter123

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources: