• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Map Development: Orc Warz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Map Development: Orc Warz: Battle For The Horde

Team:
Map Creator: SunTzu7387
Map Testers: Bleveboom and Bookielookie
Map Stage: Beta 85ish % complete.
Tileset: Barrens
Dimensions: 96x96
Playable Area: 72x72
Recommended Players: 12

Note... This map is now in the official map area (pending status)!
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/orc-warzv5-2-3-a-210954/?prev=status%3Dp

195463.jpg

Most Recent Version V5.2.2 (If you checked out my V5.0 and didnt like it Check v5.2.2 out its MUCH better!
*The Triggers in my old map V5.0 was 220 now i have made it with more features and have around 60 triggers. I'm Still working on making it even more efficient.

Changelog.
V5.0
1. Unprotected the map so that it can be reviewed properly.
2. Reduced lag due to AI triggers.
3. Made Hero's: tauren overlord, Spirit Walker, Pumbaa, Gul'dan, and Orc Warlock more balanced.
4. Fixed Problem With People Playing as different factions not being able to select one of the two hero alters.
5. Fixed Location memory leaks for unit spawns for players 1-12
6. Fixed Location memory leaks for creep spawns
7. Fixed Location memory leaks for AI hero Randoming

V5.1
8. Made the AOE of Meteor shower and Stampede smaller to balance it
9. Changed the name of the map and reduced amount of triggers in map

V5.1.1
10. Fixed Location memory leaks for ordering AI to attack
11. reduced amount of triggers (making them more efficient)
12. eliminated the initial lag by preloading AI hero randoming

V5.1.2
13. Made a Badass Loading Screen
14. Added more Creep Spawning Levels
15. Cleaned up more triggers
16. Balanced more hero's
17. Added 9 new Spells
18. Took out all Spells that leak (3 spells leaked).
19. Reduced Berserker Upgrade from 25 levels to 20 (so that its harder for people to take advantage of high grunt health nd kill the Orc Warlord to win the game).
20. Added a repair unit, a peon to repair the base, Orc Warlord.

V5.2
21. The tileset was changed to Barrens and the Terrain was updated
22. Balanced more hero's and their spells
23. staff of teleportation, instead of waiting what seems like forever to tele now you do it instantly.
24. added 12 new items close to the base.
25. Reduced berzerker upgrade to 15 levels so that max unit health is 1000 (balancing it).
26. Reduced Hero wait Time for reviving hero's by a second per level. (since when ones hero died and was a high level it took forever for it to revive).

V5.2.1
27. Significantly reduced number of triggers while keeping the functionality. (made many of the triggers much more efficient).
28. Added a random hero alter.
29. Balanced more hero's by modifying their abilities.
30. Edited terrain of hero alter locations.

V5.2.2
31. Human players cannot pick the same hero's as eachother (got the map ready for multiplayer).
32. Optomized more triggers
33. Balanced more abilities and edited some bad tooltips
34. Put in creep kills in multiboard and put up messages for creep hero kills as who killed him and for how much gold and lumber

Concept of the map and mechanics:
  • The object of the game is to destroy the other player’s Orc Warlord and to defend your own. Creeps spawn in the center of the map every 310 seconds and you can get ALOT of gold from them. In addition There are 3 boss creeps that I added and these bosses are obvious (becuase of thier size) and when you kill them you not only get a good sized gold bonus but you get 15 lumber (per boss kill). The Lumber is used to buy the best item in the game (costs 20 lumber) and you can buy 1 lumber for 500 so this will dramatically reduce the cost of this item! With every kill of units or hero’s you get gold (more gold for hero's than for units.
  • The hero’s max level is 50, all ability's have 5 skill levels, ultimate has 2 skills levels, Attribute bonus has 25 skill levels. I have many custom spells and custom skins in my map to make gameplay more exciting.
  • There are 48 different items that you can buy. Charged items can be stacked.
  • There are 3 researchable units and upgrades for those units go up to level 25. The exeption is Berserker Strength upgrade which only goes up to level 15 (due to them being too imbalanced if they get any more than 1000 health.
  • Commands are Repick hero's (just type –repick) You can Random your hero by Selecting Random Hero Alter However you cannot repick (but randomed hero's get a special item).
  • This is a map was inspired by 12 Way Grunt Wars, Footmen Frenzy Style maps, and my love of orcs!
AI: I made the AI work (upgrade, Random Hero's, attack, Target enemy Hero's, and cast spells).

Credits For Custom Skins And Spells: Tauer, BerZeKeR, Cyberkid, Dionesiist, Estar, Frostwolf, General Frank, Hell_Kn, Zack1996 (If I forgot anybody please let me know and I'll put the credits on here!).

A57005E5D563DCF22F91698FC062D038F9544429

5CD048E959F7A786382CE0882D3562CF7A1A64F6

9824B9856AD007B09A9E58587C929E1A48D7C99A

047155669E79E92B838CEDA617E00D9F4541C0C5

D48EB0DEECD8478C653CD09EFA4812FED7E94E77

39A0FE987EE5AE575C5D618E0597503143F8DE6B

56B17A78E31AA0A57DF839B2DD32896716B63BBF

If you Have any comments, Suggestions, or are interested in joining the team please Post here.

Attachments

• Battle For The Horde V5.2.1.w3x
    1.6 MB · Views: 586
  • Battle For The Horde V5.2.2.w3x
    1.6 MB · Views: 581
Last edited:
Protecting the map really slows down the review process, if you post an unprotected map we can look through the code and give you tips. Not only that but we can get a sneak peak of what we are going to play.
This is a respectful community and we won't steal your map. :p
If you feel uncomfortable with posting an unprotected version I would at least post the triggers.
I'll be sure to give this a full review tomorrow :)

Level 5
It was fun to play.
Bad things I have faced are:
bug when both orc nerds used ultimate, 1 of them got bugged, he was vulnerable, couldnt move and had only aura skill left.
Heroes skills are too powerful?
Only later in game units became usefull. note - if you upgrade health to 1000+ and enemy have low damage you can just skip enemy units and just atack their warchief what is realy annoying.

That random creep spawn was fun and good gold bonus.

Level 4
glad you had fun zeus. And about Grunt Nerd's Special, I just changed his special ability and his other ability scattershot and gave him 2 new abilities (since the old 2 abilities leaked sometimes causing the game to crash). So that will not b a problem once I put up V5.1.2 .
What suggestions do you have for
note - if you upgrade health to 1000+ and enemy have low damage you can just skip enemy units and just atack their warchief what is realy annoying.
And thanx for reviewing my map.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.