• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Critical Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unable to open archive (Files are missing from your StarCraft II installation.): C:\Users\...\Desktop\Civ.SC2Map

Is the error I keep getting.
I was restarting my computer as the editor was trying to auto-save.
The end result was a file and folder on my desktop that usually appears when the editor tries to save.
Now when I try to open my map I get this error.

Have I lost everything?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
=S probably. No game, or even program, I believe, likes restarts or sudden reboots when it's trying to save something. The fact you have a temporary file in your desktop is, I think, proof the editor didn't close properly.
I have no idea if a system restore would allow you to get your old file back. It's better if you wait for DSG to clear it up lest you use a recover point for nothing.
I'm surfing in Microsoft's support website and the odds don't look good for you:
(...) System Restore takes "snapshots" of critical system files and some program files and registry settings and stores this information as restore points. (...)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If the MPQ is incomplete you might be able to salvage the files that were written and import them into a new map. The archive might also be corrupt and unable to be opened.

If you use Windows 7 and the drive is set to perform shadow copies you might be able to restore it to a previous day. Right click->Properties->Previous Versions.

It's alright I downloaded the version DSG had sent me when he was done uploading and I've been working off that since then.

Also no previous versions are available, but thank you DSG:

pv.png

Status
Not open for further replies.