• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cannot Save New maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I Have been using Jass Newgen for a while now, and I attempted, for testing out a new function, made a new temp map, Which I was going to experiment on with external mergers, (thus may not be relevant) When I tried to save, as a new map, I got several error messages, and it failed to save.
" Unable to add file to archive: war3map.w3b "
" Unable to add file to archive: war3map.w3q "
" Unable to add file to archive: war3mapMisc.txt "
" Unable to save file 'd:\Users\MasterOfRa\Desktop\tempMap.w3x "
Then, I tried the normal world editor, it had the same problem.
I also tried to save a preexisting map, and it worked fine. I have no Idea why It didn't work.
I am running Windows Vista, In case that is important.

Level 12
My guess is there's an error in what you were doing.

Try making a new map with something simple (Maybe a teleportation trigger or something), and try to save it. See if that works. If so, then it's definitely related to the map itself, and the modifications you've done to it.

Level 5
Oops, i Just realized that I left out some detail. I also attempted to just make a new map, and save it, without any changes, and it had the same errors.

Level 12
Try to reinstall then, unless anyone else can think of an alternative, that sounds like your next best option.

Status
Not open for further replies.