• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I dont know what to say, except, every time i try to test this map it crashes. Before, it would crash after a player downloads but now it just crashes 100% on host. I tried to clear all player data but it didnt work. This really affects my map (as i cant test it) so ill just post it here. Attached is the error and the map

e/ not interface, not imports, not player data, not force data

Attachments

• Host.png
    Host.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Problem is caused by a trigger script error. Deleting all triggers and saving showed the map works fine thus logically the problem is trigger script related.

Probably cause is that syntax error I get when trying to save saying that a method has been redeclared. This probably means that the jass script has not been properly compiled and thus contains errors when WC3 tries to load it. The end result is it crashes as WC3 is not designed to cope with trigger scripts that contain errors. As the trigger script is looked at when hosting/joining a map for slot information this also explains why it crashes when you try to play in WC3.

I think Nestharus and company wrote the script that is giving the error. It may need an unoffical jasshelper version to compile or you imported it incorrectly.

Level 19
Problem is caused by a trigger script error. Deleting all triggers and saving showed the map works fine thus logically the problem is trigger script related.

Probably cause is that syntax error I get when trying to save saying that a method has been redeclared. This probably means that the jass script has not been properly compiled and thus contains errors when WC3 tries to load it. The end result is it crashes as WC3 is not designed to cope with trigger scripts that contain errors. As the trigger script is looked at when hosting/joining a map for slot information this also explains why it crashes when you try to play in WC3.

I think Nestharus and company wrote the script that is giving the error. It may need an unoffical jasshelper version to compile or you imported it incorrectly.

How are you obtaining this error? I use the same JassHelper that nes used + the save/load scripts are disabled by default

e/ I believe that my problem was indeed corruption. I deleted all triggers and it didnt work -_-. I found a backup thatcomes from last night and works fine. (kids, this is why you use JNGP...) but I'm still getting the lobby crash errors (i can re-upload the map if u want to look)

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
How are you obtaining this error? I use the same JassHelper that nes used + the save/load scripts are disabled by default
1. Downloaded map.
2. Opened map in JNGP.
3. Saved map in JNGP (I use the lattest jasshelper produced by Vexorian).
4. Error appeared when saving saying a method was redeclared.

To remove the error and allow the map to play ingame...
1. Delete all triggers.
2. Saved map.
3. Hit test map.
4. Map loaded perfectly and was able to get into game with no errors or crashes.

If you left the map download up I would have looked into exactly where the error was. Now I do not have the orignal version so I guess we will never know.

Level 19
1. Downloaded map.
2. Opened map in JNGP.
3. Saved map in JNGP (I use the lattest jasshelper produced by Vexorian).
4. Error appeared when saving saying a method was redeclared.

To remove the error and allow the map to play ingame...
1. Delete all triggers.
2. Saved map.
3. Hit test map.
4. Map loaded perfectly and was able to get into game with no errors or crashes.

If you left the map download up I would have looked into exactly where the error was. Now I do not have the orignal version so I guess we will never know.

I cant reproduce that error at all... are you able to do it in this version?

Last edited:
Level 19
Even if the error does make no sense, it is still an error and will stop the map script from compiling (and thus render the map untestable and unplayable).

but im testing it and playing it... without that error... are you sure your using the latest cohadar's and vexorians's? it seems like your jasshelper isnt removing the auto-added allocate method

Level 19
My JassHelper (0.A.2.B.jasshelper I think) is the lattest made by vexorian (although that is many years old). All others as far as I am aware are special branches and thus not standard.

What the heck..... I found the line thats causing the problem in the map's header (which explains why when i deleted the triggers nothing happened)

globals
player localPlayer = GetLocalPlayer()
endglobals

hmm. strange.

and to you, i dont get that error with vexorian's 0.a.2.b so.. :\

Level 19
Very strange...

oh, i understand now, when trying to load the lobby it initializes the globals and it has no idea what to set for local player. (i know this isnt your inquiry)

Try swapping out your jasshelper with the latest posted in the tools section?

Status
Not open for further replies.