• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crash after loading screen on LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Well, that's my problem...
However, the crash only occurs for the non-host player/s (I've only tried it on 2 pcs)
I've tried other maps other than mine, but there's no crash...
What could be causing that?

I leave here my map (not finished yet) so if you want to check what might be causing the crash.

Thanks for your help
Nome

Attachments

• Argentum Online MMORPG V0.1~1.w3x
    1.2 MB · Views: 80
Level 12
Ok I checked out the map, impossible, there are like gazillion triggers, no way I (or anyone else but you, who created the map) could find anything. (also I don't speak spanish or what languague that is :grin:)
So just try turning off the triggers one by one, see if that works (start with the "important" triggers, like map init, mode/hero selection, the "unit enters region" later.)
Also, you have 40 triggers "unit enters region", which all do exactly the same thing. Maybe you could create a single trigger with 40 events instead.

Level 14
This is likely caused by a Desynchronisation. Check for any "Camera - Pan as Necessary" functions. They're a 100% guarenteed cause of disconnections.

Crashes may also occur from attempting any other kind of function that is given a strange arguement - such as attempting to divide by zero or do something incalculable.

Level 3
i've tried with only one trigger with 40 events but didn't work...
also
the camera-pan as necessary is not used in my map...
i'll try disabling one trigger at the time, to see which is the one causing problems..

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.