• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Map can't be hosted in Battle.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
As the titel implies, I got a problem with hosting my map in Battle.net, yet it seems to run well on Single Player and LAN. Hive user Jampion was patient enough and tried to help me out, and he reached to the assumption that the problem might be in the "war3map.j" file.

Any ideas on what does that mean, and how to fix it are appreciated.

Level 39
war3map.j is ALL of the trigger code for your map + all of the setup of global unit variables, regions, etc.. There's a lot of crap in there. What specifically is the problem you're having when you try to host it on Battle.net oinstead of LAN.

It sounds dumb but the only thing I can think of is if the game things your map has a maphack or malicious code in it (but how would it know that?) it might prevent Battle.net hosting. I'm baffled that it works over LAN though.

Level 7
There are a few scenarios. One is that it can be created, but doesn't show on the games list in ENT. Then Jampion replaced the war3map.j file with that of a standart melee map and he could host the game and I join it, but when we start it and the countdown reaches 1 the chat displays "Ent has left the game" and everyone gets disconected. The other scenario is in the picture that I'll post below, another guy try to host it I think with a different bot than ENT and he send me that screenshot with the error.

unknown.png

"The currently loaded map config file is invalid" I assume that's the problem, whatever it means...

Level 7
I didn't do this since I don't have a host bot and can't host on Battle.net. This was a guy that I send the map to him so he can host it. I don't know what's the procedure to host via bot, but I don't like them and think they only contribute to the dying of this game but that's another thread...

Level 6
@Pyrogasm since I got an error when I tried to pub it, I thouht that maybe the mapfile somehow was in config file so tried to load it to see what would happend :p

+ if you look closer you'll see that I went back to !map the corrent map afterwards :) cant have more then 1 map/config active/selected at the same time so that you'd say this is the problem is kinda funny :)

At anyrate the problem has been solved. The mapfiles name was toolong. After hours of testing it was a simple character limit block :p

Status
Not open for further replies.