• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Boundry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have a 192x192 and 180x186 map.

It is correct in the world editor, but when I load the map and play it, my game camera border is shortened. So I am unable to view the entire map ingame. But my camera bounds and playable map area are fine in the WE.

Whats the problem?

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
You may only bump after 48 hours aka 2 days.

Either way, it seems like you want to extend the camera bounds.
Just press the arrows so you extend it, it will be shown as black.

d5c33f0b1efaba4eb1377c6cb1ef68dd.png

Level 4
Oh I was unaware Im used to social forums :p

Thank you, I think that may have been my problem. The blue lines were way past the spot I wanted to view I didnt know it had to be outside the black area; what a simple fix. Thank you! :)

Level 4
So when im in game.

The screen cannot reach the farthest point of the playable map area. Resulting in some of the map 'off-screen. For instance if I put my mouse cursor to the farthest side of the screen, and the map scrolled to the boundry; it would not go all the way to the end of the map, just a few blocks away.

The map camera bounds are now 192x192 and the playable map area is 192x192 but in game the camera bounds are more like 180x180. I still have the same problem, this is so frustrating lol I cant test anything I add without fixing this problem.

Level 10
I've tried to replicate your problem, but I'm not sure whether or not I did.
Would it be possible to provide the map you're working with? You can also strip it of any unrelated content if you're afraid of plagiarism.

By the way, try to edit your existing posts rather than making another one in a row, even if its at a different time with a different topic (unless it has been 48 hours).

Status
Not open for further replies.