• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Approval : How long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
The actual approval time of individual maps varies depending on factors including map bugs and Resource Moderator's time. Usually, there should be at least a comment on any particular item within two weeks time.

Approval may take longer if the map contains substantial flaws.

Level 16
-[[(Map title) + 10] / (Appearance of the map)] x [30 / (Description of the map)]

So lets say you submit a map called "T3h best Footies!". Your own footies with few adjustments and you reformed the terrain. You write a description along the lines "Bets foot13 ver ever! Me and my friends play only this!!11!1 It rul3zzzzz!"

The rating is from 1 to 10, 1 being the worst, 10 being the best.

You get 1 for map title.
You get 1 for map description.
You get 1 for appearance of the map.

Your score is:

-[(1 + 10) / 1] x (30 / 1) = -330

Aproval of this map in my example will take 330 days.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Lol I never put it that way xD

But I must agree, your map title/description/minimap really counts. If all of those look good, you might get your map approved sooner. Moderators are persons, and like others, they don't really like to spend their time on nooby maps.

Level 4
Why are my maps not being approved?

It's not that they were rejected, they just never get nearer the top of the que! I submitteed them 3 weeks ago and 2 of them are still in the middle of page 3, right where they started! I submitted 3 and 1 has bean approved, but the other 2 just sit there! Newer maps are being approved ahead of mine, so it's not like the moderaters just haven't get there yet...

Also, the brouse maps section seem to be in reverse order, with un-approved maps first, and I can't flip it.

Last edited:
Level 4
-[[(Map title) + 10] / (Appearance of the map)] x [30 / (Description of the map)]

Err... Doesn't this mean the map to be approed fastest would be one with a terrible tital, an awsom apprearence and an awsom discription?

-[[<1> + 10] / <10>] x [30 / <10>] = -3.3

-[[<10> + 10] / <10>] x [30 / <10>] = -6

It should be more like 112 - (App)(Dsc) + (Ttl)

My Harry Potter Wizard War was approved after 2 days, where as my Musket Warfare and Necromancer Wars have taken 22 days and counting...

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
The approval doesn't really matter anymore.
I changed the system to display ALL maps that are pending and approved.
This way you won't suffer from slow moderators. They will moderate your map when they get the time and everyone will still be able to see and download your map.
I hope this solves your problems guys

Level 9
Well lets see the only reason Ralle would ever have to implement something like this, if his mods are not active. Why should you be a mod who's sole job is to reviews maps, when you don't even do that? I mean It contradicts itself, it's saying you should have a job and not do it. You just shouldn't have the job if you don't put time aside to do it.

Level 26
Well lets see the only reason Ralle would ever have to implement something like this, if his mods are not active. Why should you be a mod who's sole job is to reviews maps, when you don't even do that? I mean It contradicts itself, it's saying you should have a job and not do it. You just shouldn't have the job if you don't put time aside to do it.
This isn't post armageddon. We go along fine with the amount of time they put aside. A mod's reflex to a map is not a big deal one way or another. If you have an idea of a person that both acts maturely and can put enough time aside to mod to your strict satisfaction, a suggestion of such will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.