• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Many question here! Needs answer..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
  1. what is ICQ number?
  2. did we have a storage for ancient model (a model that made up about 3-6 years ago)?
  3. what is 'imo'?
  4. what is 'ima'? Are it same like 'imo'?
  5. what is aol?
  6. what is IMBA?
  7. how we balance a hero?
  8. what is actually a 'balanced game play'?
  9. how we get 'icq' id?
That's for now, i'll keep this thread open, since i have many question

Last edited:
Level 22
6. IMBA is pretty much saying that something is overpowered.

7. Depends... I guess just make the numbers (area, damage, ...) fit the effects.

8. I'd define it as a map which enables a player of the same skill to beat himself with any playable character (or starting location, ...).

Level 27
IMBA- imbalanced. Or something like that.

8. Balance gameplay? That's, hard to explain, but it's when you play the game, and for example Orcs are not weaker than Elves and those are not stronger than Undead. And Footmen are not so strong that you can win by building just them.
It's just about making the things not overpowered or underpowered.

Level 12
8. Balanced game play is the boring/hardest thing to a map maker, cuz you need to make a x base dmg/heal to x base army/unit/hero/etc. and you need to make some 'Replaces' , like extra dmg but less HP, or more HP and less dmg, or extra skills. (just a example)

Level 30
LOL Aeroblyctos (:)

anyways here's what I know:
1. already answered
2. go look at the last section of the model resources, there you can see them
3. In My Occasion
4. Ima is like a slang for "I'll gonna", or "I will go" ex. 'Imma go at yah house to make some love yoh!'
5. :)
6. it means Imbalance, some word that came up from characters or miscellaneous things that are overpowering to others.
7. its simple, don't spam a hero with useless stuff, I mean, there's a lot of users that can help you out about heroes

Level 22
^ @6 actually 'imba' came simply from race whiners, not sure if it came from bw, but it was well known in early war3 years, then became used everywhere, Could also be used as meaning 'great', 'awesome'

Oh and a very nice tip - google is your buddy (because I hate cliche's like Google is your friend), works for me every time even for some chat abbreviations i don't know, or any other things for that matter... Would save you time and quality answers..

7. Balancing a hero means that they shouldn't be marginally stronger overall than the other heroes or the units (eg. a hero with 1000HP and Finger of Death against a hero with 200HP and Abolish Magic is imba).
8. Depends on the sort of map. But basically, balanced gameplay is when a map is not too easy or too difficult to complete/gain victory over.

Status
Not open for further replies.