• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Many of my imports become 0 in size(kb) and become unusable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
I don't know if we have the same case. But I usually get this 0 kb imported files and they become cube on the editor. I'm not worrying on this because when I test the map everything is working fine. And I just restart the world editor to remove the 0kb thing and the cube thing

then u got only a visual bug
:p
in my cAse map crashed at loading

Level 14
This happens when one of the imports is corrupt. Figure out which import you've added recently when this occured, remove that import and see if everything goes back to it's original file size.
If an import is corrupt this can also be due to it's file path being incorrect. Take note of that.

It's rather simple to see which file is causing it. But it'll take a long time if you don't know which files you've added when this occured. You would have to go through every single one of them one by one, removing them one by one, restarting the editor again and again.... It's a pain in the ass but it's easy to recover from such a mistake if you know which files are causing it.

I hope this helps.

Level 19
First, ethernal is not a word unless you purposely made it up. "Eternal" means forever and "Ethereal" means see-through

Also, i found that it isnt really a corrupt import but if u try to save a file to an incorrect path (say instead of Textures\Wing.blp you put Textures/Wingg.blp) it will be incorrectly referenced and you'd have to remove it and import again, but i highly doubt one import is setting all of the others to 0

Level 14
but i highly doubt one import is setting all of the others to 0kb

Yes it would, I've experienced this lots and lots of times...
One corrupt import causes the import manager to see all imports at fault. Removing the corrupt import fixes this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.