• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mangrove Tree

As a member of the Hive's Doodad makers group, I made a plant that was missing from our collection until now. This is a mangrove tree, like those found in river deltas, swamps, mangroves and brack water across the tropical zone. The tree was initially made as decoration, but i thought making it harvestable is better. The roots are meant remain after harvest. This tree adds a good difference to tropical maps, like Carribean, jungle or stranglethorn. Have fun with it!

EDIT 1: added a stump, Geoset Animations to the leaves and a few more branches! Performs way better now!
EDIT 2: added my high-poly mangrove tree to this model, as it's quite similar. This way the Hive doesn't need space for 2 VERY similar models.

Keywords:
mangrove, tree, plant, mangrove tree, swamp tree, tropical, carribean, jungle, stranglethorn, flora, Doodad Makers
Contents

Mangrove Tree (Model)

Mangrove Tree (Model)

Reviews
Frankster : Model works in-game and performs well. Approved.

M

Moderation: 14:15, Friday 27th January 2012
Frankster :
Model works in-game and performs well.
Approved.

just let him be....I've heard many negative comments about his behaviour from other members.

negative? i have the right to bump you with anything i don't like, as anyone else

those roots are bad, and the picture was my suggestion how they should be, now if you don't feel like improving them, that's your problem

i remember when i was so defensive.. lol

negative? i have the right to bump you with anything i don't like, as anyone else

those roots are bad, and the picture was my suggestion how they should be, now if you don't feel like improving them, that's your problem

i remember when i was so defensive.. lol
this was just a suggestion for eubz to ignore the post if he doesn't like it the rest will stay off-topic....

this was just a suggestion for eubz to ignore the post if he doesn't like it the rest will stay off-topic....

ah...

could you still make those roots lill more real-ish? dunno if they would look lill better if you wrap 'em on on a root-ish mesh shape (that's kinda like /\, to not make full-tube root mesh)

also, a good idea would be to break a little of the roots with the trunk when it falls, hm?

ah...

could you still make those roots lill more real-ish? dunno if they would look lill better if you wrap 'em on on a root-ish mesh shape (that's kinda like /\, to not make full-tube root mesh)

also, a good idea would be to break a little of the roots with the trunk when it falls, hm?

I'll make a new mangrove soon, so i guess i'll leave this one as is :wink: