• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

mana drain - triggered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
im using a "druid transform" ability, but i would like there to be a downside to staying in form. So i would to make it so that once in form your mana slowly goes down, is this possible to do with triggers, or woukld another "downside" to transforming be better, EG slower movement or something, or loose the ability to cast other ability?

Level 18
Make a trigger and turn it Initially Off (uncheck the Initially On button in the Trigger Editor). When the druid is transformed, you turn the trigger on. The trigger should be like this:

• Transformation Mana Drain
    • Events
      • Time - Every 3.00 seconds of the game-time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set (Mana of YourUnit) = ((Mana of YourUnit) - 5)
This trigger causes the unit to lose 5 mana every 3 seconds. if you want it faster, slower or with more or less mana at a time, you just change the values in this trigger.
When the unit is out of transformation form, turn off this trigger.

Level 10
thanks for the reply im still a little stuck. I must clarifiy that this is Hero unit, and im using the chemical rage ability for the transform, i have tried making the alternative unit have negative mana regen but this doesnt work. I tried using the set trigger, but im stuck do i need to make the (Mana of YourUnit) a variable, and also when you start the map you do not start with the unit you select it.

Status
Not open for further replies.