• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

mana burning rain ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
can i make the ultimate of keeperofthegrove ( i don't remember the name of the ability) Drain 5,10,15 mana and deal 10,15,25 dmg ?? somehow

Level 21
Tranquility?

First, set the targets allowed to enemy, ...
Next, you set the amount healed to a negative number
Finally, every X seconds you decrease the mana of units near the caster...
Alternativelly you can temporary add a brilliance aura with negative mana regeneration to the caster

Level 19
Starfall then :p
But if you want to make a real mana burn (like doesnt do damage if unit doesnt have mana)
and make that rain randomly
I can create a rain of manaburn spell based from Thunder Strike which you can find at spells section (still in moderator quene I guess)

Level 5
Use immolation, and change the art into monsoon rain. Then edit the buffs so they look different, and finally, add a temp negative brilliance aura when activated.

Or use a fan of knives ability which, when used, gives a temp ability based on permanent immolation with monsoon rain art for a limited time, as well as the negative brilliance aura. You can set a trigger so that the level of the Permanent Immolation based ability's level is the same as the level of the ability.

Level 4
Meh. I think it should be made like the following.

Base it off tranguility, remove everything but set it a buff.
X = Number of times repeated.
Y = Repeat interval.

Event: Unit starts channeling an ability
Condition: If ability being cast equal to ManaBurnRain
Trigger: For each integer a from 1 to X do
If then else
If casting unit has buff [ChannelingManaburnRain] equal to true
Unit group: Pick all units in range (350?) of location (Unit position of unit) Matching (Owner of Matching unit is an enemy of Owner of Casting unit and Matching unit's mana maximum is greater than 0)
Unit - Create unit (Create dummy unit at height of 300 over picked unit)
Unit - Add Ability (Add mana burn to last created unit)
Unit - Issue order targeting a unit (Order last created unit to Demon Hunter - Mana burn picked unit)
Wait Y seconds.

This way it doesn't damage units with no mana, does display the numbers correctly, and displays green lightning coming from the sky. Unit created should be dummycaster-unit, with locust ability, no model and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.