• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Man....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
A file in hives models killed my computer, It allowed a tro to get in hidden so when i turn my computer off it deletes all my files so i can't log on unless i totally reformat and replace my hard drive.... :(

Edit: I replaced the all the files which really sucks to find the little guy hidden in a file and its basic but its pulled its self in to thinking the windows needs him so ever time i turn off my computer it deletes all the main files again, He got by all of my anti-viruses by hidding him self deep in the .mdx file to make theme think he was nothing important, but when i went to turn the box off he sprung out and created him self a hidden file deep in the mains and then it changed all the windows coding to where he is needed.

Level 9
Well, if you still can access the BIOS, you can boot the computer off your Windows installation CD and reinstall it.
If you can't access the BIOS, you need a new hard drive.
Also, which model did this?

Level 14
Ha finally killed him off, But he won the war :(...

Well couldn't get it to boot off the cd i had to pull out what I could on my hard drive hack in to it using multiple things and then finally reformatted it and pulled on all the files and brought over my dad since he is a much better programmar than I, And he hacked my computer over and found the tro-horse in a windows file called "Del-Fi" we couldn't really beat the tro so what we ended up doing was throwing him in to a part of my hard drive and reformatting the whole side. Actually I can't remember what model its been 5 days :/ But he'll only come in if you unzip the and turn your computer off.

Level 21
well usually you have to exectute some code for a virus to affect you computer. files dont open themselves they must be opened by the user or told a program to be used which is when the code in that file is accessed. chances are this was a self extracting zip which either executed the virus file when you used it or replaced a file in the windows folder which is executed apon boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.