• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Man vs Demon! Invasion of the modern world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello guys! I am currently making a scenario which details the concept of what if The Burning legion invaded Earth (or in this case a terraformed Martian colony in the not so distant future). While not the most original concept I’m sure (I’ve even heard that Blizzard themselves thought about the idea and dismissed it), I haven’t seen many maps that go with the idea. So here’s my spin on the concept:

“On Martian soil there lays a small nation Ishtar which is on the verge of being swallowed by several of its neighbors. In an act of desperation, they open a portal network in a move to stem the tide and out pops the Burning legion. Choose your side.”

This map is intended to be a proof of concept map for two campaigns featuring the different sides to the conflict (plus one for a tutorial). The two main factions (I am planning on creating 3 to five minor ones too) will play very differently than vanilla Warcaft 3. Gold and lumber are harvested by them through control points instead of through manual extraction. Also, the two factions have a special trait made to suit them in combat- Demons gain resources every time they attack and Humans have a “Kill Count”, which causes them, after making 5 kills to be promoted and gain superior weapons and abilities.

The final addition to this map is the Generals, whom in addition to the four additional normal heroes of your army help define your strategy. Generals are an essential part of your army, chosen at the beginning of the game by the players and are mutually exclusive with each other, providing bonuses to your army and units not available to other generals. Should your general die, they will instantly be revived for free at a designated location, albeit, in a greatly weakened state, moving far slower and unable to attack or cast spells.

Should I get around to it (and the map be small enough for me to reasonably do so), I am also intending for there to be some minor races to serve as creeps and possible allies for players to use against each other though I have a lack of ideas for them at the moment (currently the ideas are basically a Zerg precursor and the Draenai)

As of right now, believe it or not, I am currently finished with the Legion and around 50% done with Humans.

• Generals have Auras, other heroes do not
  • All units are ranged
  • Most Units after making five kills are "promoted", and gain new skill and apearances (Exceptions at this time include the Medic and Science Vessel)
  • Units are expensive, but powerful
  • Variety of mechanical units
  • "Normal" heroes have auras, but not Generals
  • Units and heroes have the plunder ability, giving them resources every time they attack an enemy
  • Units are undead and regenerate on blight

Last edited:
Level 9
I think that in any level of realism, the first response to a demon invasion by the real world humans is to bombard them back to Narnia or wherever they came from...

Just sayin...

In any case...I suggest that the generals will be more of a "off-map" unit, or an upgrade of sorts, rather then an actual unit that get instant-revive and stuff, after all it can lead to silly cases if he in killed in a fight right where his respawn is.

Level 4
In any case...I suggest that the generals will be more of a "off-map" unit, or an upgrade of sorts, rather then an actual unit that get instant-revive and stuff, after all it can lead to silly cases if he in killed in a fight right where his respawn is.

There are several easy ways to counter that though, especially since the respawn points are rather close to your bases.

Status
Not open for further replies.