• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Male Elf Archer/Ranger Reforged

Male Elf Archer and Ranger inspired by WC2 concept.

Out of the mysterious forests of Quel'thalas come the Elven Archers to aid the Alliance in its darkest hour. Descendants of the elder race of Lordaeron, these sylvan woodsmen are unmatched in their use of the bow. Unencumbered by helm or heavy armor, Archers are keen of eye and fleet of foot. These Elves have long been embroiled in a bloody conflict with the hated Trolls of Lordaeron and are swift to let loose a rain of arrows upon any foe, including those that attack from the skies above.

Sources:
- Reforged Runner model
- Animations from NE archer
- Bow and arrows from Bloodelf Archer and Janeela Dimspring
- Edited Diffuse and ORM textures

Texture paths: Units/Human/ElfArcher/

Made with tool Retera Model Studio
Previews
Contents

Elven Archer (Model)

Elven Arhcer Portrait (Model)

Elven Ranger (Model)

Elven Ranger Portrait (Model)

Reviews
Mr Ogre man
Models work and look great ingame. The ORM could be reduced to save some space.
Level 2
I like it but I'm having trouble importing the textures/skins, I've never done this before. I tried tutorial step by step but when I put de texture/skin I can't double click it. And says that the type is UNKOWN. Can you help me?

Level 4
Great idea, now we can use an "Elvish Legolas" in Reforged ... lol
I like it but I'm having trouble importing the textures/skins, I've never done this before. I tried tutorial step by step but when I put de texture/skin I can't double click it. And says that the type is UNKOWN. Can you help me?
You can try to find the texture location using Retera's and place the textures in the correct path, from your user, documents and / WacraftIII.

If it is through import.
First import the texture and save the map, then close and open the map again in your World Editor.

Last edited:
Level 5
Both in the preview and in-game, the entire archer model is team colored except for the hair and eyes. Maybe I am doing something wrong. I cannot see the ranger model at all.

Assuming the model works correctly, I would go with the night elf archer's bow for both models instead. It conforms more to the Warcraft 2 style.

All that said, thanks for the hard work.

Level 4
Hi Luan if you're having trouble getting this model to run this is how it should look in Import manager , now that is for archer version without cape
1616542416474.png