• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Making units not explode from artillery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm currently working on a map, where all ranged autoattacks are skillshots and quickly realized, that the "artillery" attack type makes stuff explode, which absolutely does not fit. People should not explode when getting hit by an arrow, especially since it is an rpg map.

I am very confident, that I've seen a similar thread on the topic somewhere and it was without conclusion at that point and I just can't find that thread anymore.

If it is not possible to turn off the explode-upon-death, what else are my options?

I could just disable the autoattacks for ranged units and force players to use a spell with target-ground (like summoning spells or a carrionswarm) for every shot and change it to an arrow projectile or make a dummy shoot at another dummy, which wouldn't even be that big of a deal, since players would have to use the attack-ground a lot anyway and I can combine it with the the standard missle attack aoe type, but getting all that right takes quite a bit of effort.
Well, at least more than just making units not explode from artillery attacks, if that's possible.

Level 3
I think this could help you if you dont want ANY unit to explode:
Go to object editor and change for every unit the "Art - Special" trait to nothing, this should make the unit to die normally instead of exploding when killed by artillery attacks.

Level 2

That's exactly what I was looking for.

I thought it will work...aaaaaaaand it didn't...but you made me think:"Why they no explode?"
Answer:Combat - Death type: Can rise, does decay->Can't Rise, Does decay

I can solve the issue just by changing the death-type of all units to a non reviveable. Already tested it and can confirm it.

I think this could help you if you dont want ANY unit to explode:
Go to object editor and change for every unit the "Art - Special" trait to nothing, this should make the unit to die normally instead of exploding when killed by artillery attacks.

Then unit will disappear and leave no corpse...I wait the unit to fall, die, leave corpse etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.