• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Artillery kill=unit no explode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I just want to make a god damn realistic archer which doesn't blow up its target on kill...
Clealy the map is not Diablo III based as the Demon Hunter blows enemies appart with normal arrows.

Try changing the unit clasifications of all targets. Some like mechanical or structures cannot explode I belive (Meat Wagon, Siege Engine for example do not explode).

Level 12
As far as I know and I tested, only artillery is not "homing"
If missile is not homing it will hit the target sooner or later...

I just want to make a god damn realistic archer which doesn't blow up its target on kill...

Ah ok now I understood what you mean by homing. First I though you mean the boolean but what you need is something else.

For the solution of your problem use weapon type missile (splash) and set the homing boolean to false. You can then adjust the small and medium damage factor and ranges as you wish.

Level 8
Try changing the unit clasifications of all targets. Some like mechanical or structures cannot explode I belive (Meat Wagon, Siege Engine for example do not explode).

I thought it will work...aaaaaaaand it didn't...but you made me think:"Why they no explode?"
Answer:Combat - Death type: Can rise, does decay->Can't Rise, Does decay
Thank you sir for making me look at siege engine info.

For the solution of your problem use weapon type missile (splash) and set the homing boolean to false. You can then adjust the small and medium damage factor and ranges as you wish.

It will hit the target sooner or later, test it yourself...

Mystery solved.

Level 12
It will hit the target sooner or later, test it yourself...

No it wont. I dont say things just because I assume them, when I say something you can be sure I tested it someday.

Take a look at the testmap. If thats not what you want I misunderstood you in some way.

Attachments

• missile splash archer shot.w3x
    15.8 KB · Views: 74
Status
Not open for further replies.