• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Making tileset smoother and better. Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Well, looking at one of Nasurdin's tilesets, I wanted to recreate it but I can't get the effect. Here's what I've done:

Untitled-129.jpg

How do I make it kinda smoother and not as cartoony as that? Make it look something like this:

http://www.wc3c.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=7703&d=1150307832

Any help?

First off, yours looks way better than that, even in its current form. That one is cartoonish, yours can be not. Apart from that, in-game textures tend to get covered by a blur effect, rendering them either more realistic or less qualified. Yours just needs some color instead of that yellow-like one and instead of those black gaps of the dirt, have dark brown.

Level 8
I'll try and the line isn't thick but shaded. Cause having the line just there was kinda boring.

Level 8
Well, I made it into this. Just one question, how should I make the sides? Im really lost in making sides since I don't know how if it will match.

Untitled-131.jpg

Level 38
Just divide the tile you made into 4 pieces (set the selection tool to a set size, and set it to 32 by 32 pixels) and then move each piece individually so that the four line up on the seams. Because you already freehanded the tile you now know all the seams will line up, and you can edit the tile you created so that everything lines up in the center :D

|A|B| - so your tile looks like this
|C|D|

|D|C| - then swap the pieces like so
|B|A|

Once you feel your finished you should change up the pieces again just to make sure they all fit. This is what I do anyways :)

Status
Not open for further replies.