• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Making storm bolt attack allies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi

Says it all in the title really. I have a dummy that casts Storm Bolt on an enemy unit, however when I say "enemy" the dummy is owned by said enemy. This is because even those who are out of vision are going to be hit by the stun.

I've tried loads of combinations but it's still not working. I need it to be castable on their units that are mechanical (it's for an EMP)

Level 14
So do you want it to be cast on your allies or your enemy's allies? This is awfully confusing as to what exactly you are trying to do.

Post the trigger and maybe it will make more sense when I see it

Level 25
War stomp that targets mechanical units? Or what?

Otherwise, create a dummy unit at each enemy mechanical unit and then create 1 unit at the position and order it to target the enemies.

Level 13
Sorted now, I copied the targets from heal and changed "Organic" to "Mechanical" and now it works.

To clear it up a unit would cast the spell, dummies would be created at every mechanical unit owned by the target, this dummy would then cast storm bolt on said target.

Status
Not open for further replies.