• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Making rain of fire instant spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
How can i make so the caster doesnt have to stand still using rain of fire? and he can fight enemy while rain of fire casts after caster just clicked to use it

second question how can i make a lot of flame strikes with one use? like caster uses it on area but nearby 4 of flamestrikes are being casted at same time too

Level 28
Create a dummy unit at the position of the caster and order it to cast rain of fire at the target point of the ability being cast.
  • Rain of Fire
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Initie Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Rain of Fire
    • Actions
      • Set CasterPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set AbilityTargetPoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Create 1 DUMMY for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at CasterPoint facing 0 degrees
      • Unit - Add a 10.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Rain of Fire (Neutre hostile) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Pit Lord neutral - Rain of Fire AbilityTargetPoint
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_CasterPoint)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_AbilityTargetPoint)
second question how can i make a lot of flame strikes with one use? like caster uses it on area but nearby 4 of flamestrikes are being casted at same time too
Use the same method above.

Level 12
Above posters already mentioned wait, but also two different point variables are not necessary, just use AbilityTargetPoint and get rid of CasterPoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.