• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] AoE spell malfunctioning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
I just realized AoE spells like Blizzard and Rain of Fire, despite prompted for 4 waves, stop casting after 1 wave. It's happening as I'm testing my warcraft 2 remake. This happens on multiple caster units, like Mages and Death Knights. Their spells are both based on Blizzard but creating a new one from Rain of Fire doesn't change the result. However, if i pick a Conjurer in the same map and order him to cast his Rain of Fire, then no problems! Besides, I've tried to create a new spell based on the Rain of Fire that the Conjurer is using, but i still get the same results with the other casters?
Casters bugged, i thought? No! Because if i give their AoE spells to the Conjurer he gets the same "bug" again with them(his Rain of Fire keeps working ok though)! So i really don't know how to identify the problem.
Can anyone help, please?

Level 19
To whom does the caster belong when the problem occurs? User, computer or both? The AI is known to disobey orders. However that problem should result in the spell not being cast at all.

Level 20
The problem happens to both player's and ai's casters. The spell casts ok but after the first wave of fire/ice it stops, and I notice the caster's animation suddenly transits from spell to stand, as the unit is issued a "stop" command. Obviously i checked the whole trigger tab and there is no such function issued anywhere.

Level 19
Did you make any changes to your new spells, like changed casting time? If so try setting it to 1.00

Does a copy of the Rain of Fire spell from Conjurer still not work even if you dont make any changes to the copy?

Level 20
like changed casting time? If so try setting it to 1.00
Casting time?? Damn, you might be right. It's set 1.00 on Conjurer's Rain of Fire, but to 0.00 on Blizzard and Death & Decay(which is based on Blizzard). It's on 0.00 by default on Monsoon, which is a spell i'm also using somewhere, so i thought it would have been ok with the others. I'll let you know shortly.

EDIT: it was indeed the casting time. Thank you sir!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.