• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making Importing Skins Easier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
You should show what to type in for the skins, like what u need for models. This would make importing skins easier, and for me possible. I have never beem able to import any skins properly. I'm sure others wouldn't mind this either, because three of my friends asked, "how do we import skins, models are ez, but skins are impossible."

Please this would really help my map making abilities.

Level 22
Once you import enouph of them, you can pretty much anticipate what the path will be. For example normal units are usually units/race/unit/unit.blp

One thing that can help you a lot is wc3viewer. Just open it up, select a unit on the list, click "show textures used" and there you go. It will give you the whole file path. Just cut and paste the path into your import archive when you upload the skin. Takes less then a minute.
-VGsatomi

Level 2
importing skins might be easy and having the right import path is easy but sometimes you get a file that does not work with the editor program. An example is that skin files imported sometimes classified as the file type "other". If you have a way to correct this than please put it out on the floor. it would help some people out on the web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.