• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Making a unit untargetable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How can i make something untargetable neither by spell or the mouse? When you hover the mouse over it you shouldn't be able to see the force controlling it or anything. Unselectable and being able to click through it. Is it possible?

Level 2
I don't understand why would adding the locust ability be able to make it unselectable or anything. Could you please explain? (I will try it though)

Level 2
Yes i know that. I didn't find the buff/ability id Aloc though, is it the buff that the locusts have? Or something like that?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I don't understand why would adding the locust ability be able to make it unselectable or anything. Could you please explain? (I will try it though)
Its one of those facts with WC3. The locust passive ability just does make the units unselectable and untargetable.

Yes we can explain why the locust ability was programmed with those hard coded properties (for the locusts of the locust swarm ability used by the crypt lord hero) but why the locust passive has these properties and not some other arbitrary passive was a development choice by blizzard that we can not explain.

This is where SC2 data is far more logical than WC3.

Level 17
Its one of those facts with WC3. The locust passive ability just does make the units unselectable and untargetable.

Yes we can explain why the locust ability was programmed with those hard coded properties (for the locusts of the locust swarm ability used by the crypt lord hero) but why the locust passive has these properties and not some other arbitrary passive was a development choice by blizzard that we can not explain.

This is where SC2 data is far more logical than WC3.
Please explain in detail the more advanced features of the Starcraft 2 editor as I do not own SC2. :D

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
All the data in SC2 is made by extending primitive types. As such you need more data to get something done in SC2 but it is a lot more flexible.

Want a unit with a slow attack and no damage? In WC3 you need atleast 1 damage dealt while in SC2 you can just skip a damage effect from his weapon effect chain.
You can also do nice visual effects such as getting a roach to jump onto the back on an ultralisk to make a roach rider (stupid idea but should be completly possible).

Level 2
The starcraft editor is really complex. When i opened it for the first time i was like "wtf, how am i supposed to do anything?" and i am still unable to create a custom unit...

I heard blizzard created the SC2 editor first and then created the game itself using it and nothing custom o_O even the UI itself is modifiable. Everything can be made in SC2 (without diablo, because triggers are lacking 1 critical thing that diablo has, the moving of the character when the mouse is pressed).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.