• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Making a hero xp book increase spell dmg of the triggering hero..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Is this possible? I'm making my own hero-based map, like dota or TOB. Late game int heroes are so useless IMO. Everyone gets all these +dmg items, and ints are stuck with their craptacular 300 dmg nukes. in my map when an int hero reaches maximum level, i'll allow them to purchase something like a spell dmg book. It'll be a charge like those tomes +2 agi, +2str etc, so it doesnt take up space. Is it possible to trigger something like this?

Level 4
Oh, right. That ability. How would I go about putting that on an item for use :S

Just spell damage needs to be increased? Then it's easy.

Add the hero a passive ability (SpellDmgIncr), make him a spellbook that contains that ability(DummyPassiveBook) and then disable that spellbook (He'll have the ability, but you can't see it anywhere.) Then create a trigger:

Unit begins the effect of an ability.

If ability being cast is That or That or That or That or.. You get the point, any nuke really.

Wait for event (Spell effect takes place or so, don't remember right this one) and Unit - Casting unit damage Target unit of ability being cast for 100 * Level of SpellDmgIncr for casting unit.

Ta-da, it just dealt extra damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.