• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making a Constant Array

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
EDIT: sorry, wrong board, this was meant to be in warcraft help zone.

Hello!

I have lots of different heroes and abilities on my map. My goal is to make certain heroes to learn certain abilities at certain levels, so I thought it might be a good idea to store unit types and level-ability pairs into an array of some kind. The ideal structure is like this:

Code:
unit type 1 |level 1, ability 1
            |level 2, ability 2
-------------------------------
unit type 2 |level 3, ability 3
            |level 4, ability 4
            |level 5, ability 5
-------------------------------
...         |

So basically any number of ability-level pairs can be linked to a unit type, and all these <unit type>-<level-ability pair list> pairs are listed in an array. This would be easier in vJASS since it has structs, but I prefer using the original world editor. So, should I use hashtable for this or is there a better solution?

Last edited:

Br0

Br0

Level 4
You mean something like this? ;

Actions
Set unit[1] = Rifleman
Set abil[1] = Abolish Magic
Set abil[2] = Aerial Shackles
Set abil[3] = Aura of Blight
-------- --------
Set unit[2] = Footman
Set abil[4] = Barrage
-------- --------

You could combine those with integer arrays to make it for each different unit/hero at a certain level to learn the certain ability.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I cannot seem to get it working. It keeps throwing me "syntax errors" so I guess it is not supported.

The syntax should be somewhat like this.
static int[] testarr = {0, 1, 2, 3};

However it does not like the field argument so I guess they are not supported as well in Galaxy.

Level 19
I cannot seem to get it working. It keeps throwing me "syntax errors" so I guess it is not supported.

The syntax should be somewhat like this.
static int[] testarr = {0, 1, 2, 3};

However it does not like the field argument so I guess they are not supported as well in Galaxy.

galaxy does not support constant arrays and you dont need to write them in galaxy to find out

just go to the script editor, make a new variable, click constant, and the array field will gray out

Status
Not open for further replies.