• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mak'ina Valley

Mak'ina Valley
IamFootman061

Introduction
I already uploaded 2 melee maps tonight. This is the second. I actually have a reserved melee maps here but don't have time to upload it. As you see, this is my worst description because it's quite rushed.

Informations
Player Count: 2 Players
Size: 160x160
Gold Mines Count: 6 Gold Mines
Neutral Camps Count: 30 Neutral Camps
Doodads/Destructibles Count: 3000+

Story
Mak'ina Valley is inhabitated by orcs. They choose to live there due to the reason that it is hidden and can't be found easily by the humans or blood elves. Most of the creatures live there is golems.

Screenshots
234886-albums7007-picture80116.bmp

234886-albums7007-picture80115.bmp

234886-albums7007-picture80117.bmp

234886-albums7007-picture80118.bmp

234886-albums7007-picture80114.bmp

Changelog
----------
Date/Time: GMT+8 2/18/2014 10:08 P.M.
Version: v.0.1
Upload the Map
Changed:
a. None
Fixed:
a. None
Added:
a. None
Removed:
a. None
----------

Credits
IamFootman061

Author's Note
Play it together with another wc3 player to make it more enjoyable and cooler. Be sure to check my incoming melee maps as soon as I upload it.

Related Links

Keywords:
Greatest, Dreams, The, IamFootman061, Footman, Melee, Mak'ina, Valley, Mak'ina Valley
Contents

Mak'ina Valley (Map)

Reviews
16:31, 13th Mar 2014 Orcnet: The map is way too huge for just 1 v 1 game, although you did put a lot of work into it. I'd suggest giving some wide regions a cover of creep camps, that way players get potential and points when venturing on the...

M

16:31, 13th Mar 2014
Orcnet: The map is way too huge for just 1 v 1 game, although you did put a lot of work into it. I'd suggest giving some wide regions a cover of creep camps, that way players get potential and points when venturing on the wideness of the map, and try to atleast lower the creep difficulty, red zones are not good for 1 on 1.

Here are some points you should consider with.
1. The terrain is flat. You can use raise to vary the slopes of your terrain.
2. Rocks are randomly placed.
3. Trees are somewhat lined up.
4. Cliffs are straight. If you us e cliffs these should be staggered.
6. Map is too wide for a 1 vs 1 area.
7. You lack the use of props, environmental doodads, and structures even some neutral units will make your map alive.
8. It is also good to add some global weather effect.
9. Some ground textures are randomly applied.

Uh, where to begin?!? As eubz said the terrain is horribly flat. Those Blizzard cliffs are ugly, change them or better do not use them. Use instead the raise and lower height tool!
Again the paths are unnaturally straight. which of course is BAD! In short this map seems more dead than alive. Add, vegetation, rocks(in certain places, not randomly), (a stream maybe), animals as eubz said. Improve the ground textures, make the tilesets more orderly and in some places jagged. This will get for now a 1/5.

Level 25
Mak'ina sounds like Marikina or makina hehe. I like the idea, but the terrain is the problem, first, the starting locations are too messy, maybe just put 1 tile for a base tile (I recommend grass), put some dirt, and scatter some thick grass. Don't make the ground too flat, and too wavy. Too make it more village-y, put some structures. Don't put cliffs and trees straightly, just make it staggered as eubz said. Also, Make the mountain maybe, raised higher with the raise tool.