• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

make units attack each other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I want to make like a good-looking thing in my map. I have a temple with an arena, i have two units pre-placed on that arena and I want them to fight each other (they would deal 0 damage so they dont kill each other) but I don't know how to do it

Level 20
Multiple solutions here, something very simple would be to give them extremely high HP regen, that's just 1 value to edit. Alternatively, you can use a custom version of Spiked Carapace ability, there is a field that affect the % of damage taken, which you can set to 0
You can also trigger it with damage detection but that seems too much when you can do it with minimal effort instead

Level 5
So setting an event to "0.01 of game time elapsed" and then order them to attack each other would rather work, right? also if they're both Neutral-hostile, will they attack each other after an order?

Level 39
also if they're both Neutral-hostile, will they attack each other after an order?
Anything can be ordered to attack anything and it will as long as that's a legal target for the action. (Can't attack-move to attack enemies though, for example.) ThompZon was just suggesting that if they were hostile to each other they would attack automatically as long as they were in range, and would even run to start a fight when they acquire each other as targets.

Level 16
did the expirement work for you? solutions proposed here are very simple and easy to implement so I like them.
In addition, after yo already made that trigger, if you want to see more complicated examples then you take a look at:
  1. Undead legacy campaign chapter 1: you find two villagers fighting each other. I think they regain HP through trigger and not through normal HP regeneration.
  2. You might also be interested in Hu legacy campaign chapter 5: march of the scourge. In the intro cinematics you see 6 footmen and 2 riflemen training. You might be interested in those triggers as well.
again, I advise you to first do the solutions proposed earlier by our fellow members before you actually look at these two triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.