• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Make unit group focus hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi, Just a simple question. How to make a unit group focus a hero.

I ask this because i set the priority of the target ( the hero ) high beyond the others. But the units and other heros are still attacking others... Is like the priority in wc3 is a joke.

Level 6
Imo priorities may be affected by distance. If unit with higher priority is far away, the attacker won't go past XYZ enemies just for this one unit.

Could you explain better please? I was with my hero(mele) attacking other hero(mele) and he was taking his time with an archer....

anyway is there a way to make it through triggers?? For nine-ten heroes i need it please.

Thanks.

PD* I am talking about the normal priorities in objet editor. The ones set by delfault by blizzard.

Level 12
If youre talking about the "Stats - Priority" value, that has absolutely nothing to do with attack priorities. That value determines the order units are sorted in the info window when selecting multiple units.

Level 6
If youre talking about the "Stats - Priority" value, that has absolutely nothing to do with attack priorities. That value determines the order units are sorted in the info window when selecting multiple units.

And what stat has to do with Attack Priority ??
Or how can i make it with triggers ??

Thanks

PD* also i think many people have ask this in the Helper and other sites and they believe that stat-priority = attack priority....

Level 6
Best if you trigger the AI Mechanics by yourself.
You'll be amazed with the result you can achieve.

... But i am asking because i dont know how to trigger that... Is just a simple question not one knows how priority target works??

Is really really simple.... Why if you make a AI you can select = Priority Targets to Hero?? And works good.

I thought of making a GUI version for my heroes.... but you need triggers to check and it feels stupid. Is like making 100 lvls of ability to increase dmg of a unit when you can use a Damage engine.

Thanks for your answers but i really need help. And like me lots of people who actually have ask this question mane times ( here in Hive ).

PD*If you dont believe search for priority target in Hive and see....

Status
Not open for further replies.