• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make things not spawn in water when triggered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I have a trigger that creates some Berry Bushes at random points across the map. However, they will spawn in water, too. I don't want that. How can I have it so that my bushes won't be created in water via trigger? Current trigger:

• Berry creation
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 5 Berry Bush for Neutral Passive at (Random point in (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 5 Berry Bush for Neutral Passive at (Random point in (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Method 1
Test if the point is in water and if so find a new point. Repeat many times until a valid point is found or a limit was reached in which case defer to another thread to prevent a thread crash due to op-limit.

Method 2
Break the map apart into regions that do not contain water. Based on the are you then assign a probability that each region will get picked to generate a location. The location then is generated randomly inside that region. This has the advantage over method 1 in that it is always guaranteed to succeed as success is not left to chance.

Level 37
  • water
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set point = (Random point in (Playable map area))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Terrain pathing at point of type Floatability is off) Equal to False
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) the text: water
        • Else - Actions
          • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) the text: not water
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_point)

Status
Not open for further replies.