• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Make target unit flying! pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi im just creating a new map with lots of new units and spells. One of them should be that the Target units gains flying over a periode of time. However I have problems doing so and couldnt find an already answerd question like this on the forum. So please help me.

It should be something like:
Unit beginns an ability
ability beeing cast is x
Change Target Unit of Ability being cast flying hight to height and rate (whatever rate means in this context:eekani:
I dont get the: animation: set flying hight of a unit at all.
only crap comes out
i managed to bring one unit to fly the druid of the talon with this triggers but thats not my aim.

So can anyone tell me what to do thx a lot in advance.

Level 17
  • Unit - Add Crow Form to <unit>
  • Animation - Set flight height of <unit> to <height> at rate 1000
  • Unit - Remove Crow Form from <unit>

Level 2
well its flying already but it wont come back to the ground or on a lower flying height ... :S

btw i added remove classification of land-unit and add classification of flying unit and turned collison of unit off as after 30 sec otherway round

Level 29
Did you put a high value in the rate ? Remember that rate means WC3-Units per second, meaning that if you put a low number (people always do this at their first time) the unit will move very slow.

As to removing crow form - it doesn't matter when you do.
Normally people add and remove one after another but it doesn't matter, as the only thing it does is bug WC3 to think the unit is a flying unit (you can only change heights of flying units).

Level 2
true true
so what should i do then ghostwolf?

well it looks like this right now:
---
Unit beginns an ability
---
ability being cast is x
---
unit - add crow form to (target of ability being cast)
unit - add classification flyer to (target of ability being cast)
unit - turn collision for (target of ability being cast) off
animation - change (target of ability being cast) flying hight to 240 at 1000
unit - remove classificarion of a ground unit from (target of ability being cast)
wait 30 sec
unit - turn collision for (target of ability being cast) on
animation - change (target of ability being cast) flying hight to 0 at 1000
unit - remove crow form form (target of ability being cast)
unit - remove classification of a flying unit from (target of ability being cast)
unit - add classification of a ground unit to (target of ability being cast)

guess im stupid :p
sorry im new
how do u do that??

He means, instead of typing out all the triggers, select the ones you are trying 2 represent, right click, copy as text, and paste them here.

And i have another idea for doing your ability. Make another unit with the correct flying height and when you cast the spell, make it replace the original unit with the flying unit.
Since setting the movement height doesn't necessarily mean its flying, because it still wont be able to move over cliff terrain

Level 2
wow thats awsome didnt knew that well use copy as text in futur thx

well true but that means i have to make a double of every unit in the entire game...
donno they mine do fly over cliffs donno why

however i already thought about the replacement option but if u exchange a unit- how do u exchange them back to their original form

Einheit - Replace (Target unit of ability being cast) with a Klauen-Druide (Sturmkrähengestalt) using Alte Einheit: Rel. life and mana
Wait 30.00 seconds

Einheit - Replace (Last replaced unit) with a (Unit-type of (Target unit of ability being cast)) using Alte Einheit: Rel. life and mana

Thats the easiest way to do it i think.
But heres a thought if u want the ability levelable.
Think of what you want it to be at its basic form. I think up there you made it 30 seconds?
So at the beginning of the game set an integer variable like
(Name of Ability)Wait=30

and when the unit levels up, set it to a higher number. like
Set (Name of Ability)Wait = (Name of Ability)Wait + 15
and instead of waiting 30 seconds, wait the variable.

Oh and if they are flying units to begin with then they should fly over cliffs.
there should be like a "Movement type Flying" and if it is, then it will fly over cliffs.

Level 2
well but it isnt really working

the unit gets replaced but how can u replace it again with its origionally form-as right now the unit disapears at the time it should chang back

• Einheit - Replace (Target unit of ability being cast) with a Klauen-Druide (Sturmkrähengestalt) using Alte Einheit: Rel. life and mana
  • Einheit - Replace (Last replaced unit) with a (Unit-type of (Target unit of ability being cast)) using Alte Einheit: Rel. life and mana
so replace him later with what??

Since my WE is on another computer I'll giv you a typed version.

Event - (Generic unit event) Unit casts an ability

Condition - Unit casting ability is equal to (Your unit)
Condition - Ability bieng cast is equal to (Your ability)

(If you want the ability to be delayed before it changes the unit)
Actions
Trigger - Turn off (this trigger)
Animation - Play (Your unit)'s spell animation
[note: The 'spell' can be replaceed by whatever animation you like. For example: stand victory]
Wait - Wait (however long you want the ability to be delayed) seconds
Unit - Replace (your unit) with (the unit you want your unit to become) using (your unit)'s health and mana
[note: you can also add a special effect so it looks better, like a polymorph or something. this needs to be added before replacing the unit.]
Wait - Wait (that wait variable I told you about earlier) seconds
[note: If you didnt use the variable, just wait however long you want this ability to last.]
Unit - Replace (The unit you want your unit to become) with (your unit) using (your unit)'s health and mana.
[note: If you did the special effect thing, you should add it again before you replace the unit again. Also if you don't understand how to do special effects, you should know how to use them before adding them. I can teach you if u need]
Trigger - Turn on (this trigger)

And thats how you do it.
Turning on and off the trigger keeps the unit from being able to cast the abilty multiple times before its finished. This is good if you dont have a cooldown. You probably could do without it though if you have a cooldown.

Status
Not open for further replies.