• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make Healing Spray Damage Instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Is there any way to do this? I sort of did it by making a trigger to inflict damage where I target it, then make the ability heal allies only to counter the allied damage, however I was curious if there was a way to make it directly from the ability.

The ability I made is sort of a slime/acid spray kind of thing (I changed the missile art to the chimera corrosive breath), but the healing spray stats and animation are perfect, except that they heal instead of damage (Amusingly enough, the data is considered "damage" in the WE)

Shift click the field and put a "-" sign in front of it (making it negative). If that isn't allowed, go to File -> Preferences and find an option that'll allow negative values in the object editor (if there is one, my memory is foggy). Do that, and it will work. Have fun spreading your acid all over your enemies and allies. You will make Putress proud.

Level 5
Thank you so much, it worked like a charm! Also you taught me you can enter the negative values, might be kind of dumb, but I didn't know you could set it to that.

While this next part isn't as important, is there any way to make the AI target it decently? I know each ability is hard coded, so you can't normally do it, but is there any tricks at all?

Level 5
What exactly do you mean by this?

When the AI uses the ability it either doesn't use it at all, OR it uses it on it's own units (Thinking it's a heal) instead of targeting enemy units.

Status
Not open for further replies.